Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New phone time: N86 or Sony Walkman W995? Others?
  • Kahurangi

Basically I know nowt about modern phones. My current is a two-year old N95 that's in good nick except for a broken volume button, that will get passed on to someone or kept as a spare

Stuff I want:
    * mp3 and radio player,
    * decent camera
    * internet included in deal,
    * GPS
    * and a bit of phone & text msg

The N86 and W995 score well on these but the Nokia has a load more internal memory and seems a lot more expensive if I'm going to keep the package at £20-£25.

I've not have a decent internet phone before so maybe a touch screen is ideal for this?

Anyone offer an opinion?
    Anything else worth a good look? Nokia X6?
    Cheers

Oh, a sportstracker type utility would be pretty essential – I know similar programs are available for other (non nokia) phones but it'll depend on the operating system? And I don't know what's what or if they're all java apps that will install on any modern smartphone OS?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I've got a 995 and abuse it heavily on a daily basis, being a builder type. It's a superb phone, but the camera is rubbish, despite being 5MP.
    I've had a play with an n97 and mini, personally i'd go with one of those now. They were not available when I got this

pid
    Free Member

My 995 is excellent. Tunes are good and 8MP camera is reasonable.

nickjb
    Free Member

I had an N96 for a couple of weeks and it was pretty good. I sent it back and got a nokia 5800 in the end though as the touch screen is much nicer for web browsing. Should be free on £20/month

carlosg
    Free Member

I've had a 995 for the last 4 months and love it to bits , it's got the sat nav/sports tracker/walkman features , free web browsing , camera's ok but thought it might be better , boatloads of memory and it comes with a plug in speaker that doesn't sound too bad for something basic.

When I upgraded from my N95 I thought I was dropping down a peg but actually it's a better phone all round (IMO)

tinribz
    Free Member

Been thinking about a Nokia too but anyone know how viewranger compares to memory map?

nickjb
    Free Member

Viewranger is very nice. I paid for it and that is really saying something!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I've got a Jesusphone, but the missus recently got a W995 and it's a nice piece of kit, good camera too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New phone time: N86 or Sony Walkman W995? Others?’ is closed to new replies.