Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New phone time me thinks, can you recommend me one please?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

My HTC desire keeps crashing and has pants battery life and has a very small internal memory.

A bit disappointed so after a newer handset.

Looking to buy an older model to keep the cost as low as I can and after a set unlocked to any network.

Any recommendations would be great.

Not an iPhone fan after a few drops of water fried my 3G last year.

brakes
    Free Member

Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ S3
    HTC One X

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Sony Ericsson Xperia something or other. does its job. battery life still pants though.

I guess if you want decent battery life, don’t get a smart phone

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

juice defender

Cougar

Root the Desire and install a ROM with A2SD+ support. That should fix all three of your issues, and is well within budget.

allthegear
    Free Member

landcruiser
    Free Member

That looks like a 6210i… I think the op wants something more modern….. A 6310i perhaps .

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Root the Desire and install a ROM with A2SD+ support. That should fix all three of your issues, and is well within budget.

I tried to root it and install Miui but failed on three occasions. Gave up as I was scared of bricking the handset.

jeffl

Galaxy S2. There should be some available second hand thanks to the S3 being recently released.

globalti
    Free Member

Alcatel OT209 – mine cost £2.99 to buy and makes great phone calls, plus it wouldn’t matter if I fell on it and smashed it:

Alcatel OT209

maxray
    Free Member

Both the s2 and s3 have good battery life (for a start phone).I rooted my desire and used muiui too but it didn’t solve the handset getting older and the battery deteriorating… it did solve my new phone itch for a couple of months tho. 🙂

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Oxygen ROM on the Desire for best battery life and most internal memory space.

Try calibrating your battery using nexus one battery calibrator from the market.

This has saved my Desire from the bin. I now get a full days medium to heavy use without charging.

http://forum.oxygen.im/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New phone time me thinks, can you recommend me one please?’ is closed to new replies.