Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Phone: Samsung s5 v Sony Xperia Z2 – what's people's experience
  • armchairbiker

I am replacing my iPhone and can’t decide between Samsung s5 v’s the Sony Z2.

Keen to hear from people who have the Sony Z2 and the Samsung.

I wanted to check how robust the Sony is and whether that total glass surface will scratch badly over time – is it really that good, and is it possible to slim down the bloatware from Sony.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Got the Z2 love it, dont think the glass is particularly fragile, get the official Sony case, nice and slim. Very fast and responsive, camera is ace very good piccies too.

Daffy

I’ve seen a Z2 crack. All by itself, sat on a table in direct sunlight!

Kahurangi

I’d heard of Z2’s cracking but decided it had the right specs. Went to look at one in a shop, realised how absurdly big all these new phones are, had a little laugh and went home.

I’ll probably end up getting a Z1 compact or *shudder* an iPhone

armchairbiker

Will look at the official case then. I might get the Xperia M2 as a work only phone first and then see how that is before getting the Z2 for personal use.

eruptron
    Free Member

Yep got the Z2 first thought it was massive now I’ve had it a while makes everything else look dated including the Iphone. Only a few small erk’s and they are minor. The on button on the side I’m not a fan of and it’s like a bar of soap moves around all on it’s own due to the back being so shiney.
    The camera and all it’s functions are brilliant. I wouldn’t swap it for anything else.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member

Went to look at one in a shop, realised how absurdly big all these new phones are, had a little laugh and went home.
    I’ll probably end up getting a Z1 compact or *shudder* an iPhone

Yep that was me too stupidly massive and the HTC answer very nearly tablet sized.
    I got the Z1 Compact can’t fault it really. Still has a poncey glass back which I scratched on day one but it’s wrapped in a nasty cheap case now so all good. Liking the waterproofness of it too (underwater photos are shit but video is good)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Phone: Samsung s5 v Sony Xperia Z2 – what's people's experience’ is closed to new replies.