Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • New Phone Indecision!
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

couldnt be arsed to read everthing so might have been said already but if you go for a new contract look on topcashback and quidco you often get big moneys back on those sites for phone contracts!

user-removed
    Free Member

Well I read the whole thread, and am still perfectly contented with new HTC One. It’s just like the Desire S but bigger and faster. It’s a genuine upgrade as opposed to the usual sideways-grade…

kevster
    Free Member

Anyone know if all data allowances include tethering? Won’t need it that much thinking about it again?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrJ

My missus is looking for a phone but wants one that will not cause too much heartache if it gets lost or dropped in the sink. Any tips for around the hundred quid mark?

Pook

you haven’t used one for more than a
    passing sneer in a mobile phone shop.

I upgraded to one and got rid after a week. Google support evaporating, a distinct lack of apps, all wrapped up in a fisher price package.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked its operation, but I simply don’t think it can take on Apple and android.

jam-bo

Anyone know if all data allowances include tethering? Won’t need it that much thinking about it again?

mine does on 02. 2Gb to use however.

kevster
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting to know how much it costs if you decide to do it on a package where its not included.

jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone know if all data allowances include tethering?

Not sure the 3 network allows tethering without an additional cost.

Vodafone does.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You can always update your android version via an OTA.

stumpy01

DrJ – Member
    My missus is looking for a phone but wants one that will not cause too much heartache if it gets lost or dropped in the sink. Any tips for around the hundred quid mark?

Samsung Galaxy Ace can be had cheaply. Depends if you want contract or not. My other half got one on 3 recently; only 100mins (she’s not much of a talker), 3000 texts & unrestricted data, which apparently isn’t unlimited but to all intents & purposes might as well be.
    She pays £13/month and the phone was free.

vrapan
    Free Member

Not sure the 3 network allows tethering without an additional cost.

Vodafone does.

There are three tiers with 3. You have the plans that have a specific limit on data. These can be used for tethering.

They also have two unlimited types of plans. The One Plan and the Unlimited Data plan. The One plan allows tethering while the Unlimited one does not. You can add for an extra few pounds tethering on the Unlimited plan but that allows only 1GB of tethering not unlimited.

Having said that not so sure how the keep track of how you use your data to be honest and how they can tell that you’ve used more than 1GB for tethering…

loum
    Free Member

kevster,
    I was looking into it and i think 3 charge £5 per month to add tethering as an extra “upgrade”.
    It’s the only one I’ve seen. The rest either allow it, or don’t -no upgrade option.
    It looks like most of the main networks allow limited tethering on 24month contracts. vodafone, o2, etc.
    The secondary networks, those that are piggybacking the signal like the supermarkets, don’t generally even on contract. It’s the main thing putting me off Virgin, ‘cos the rest of their allowances look great value.
    The exception looks like GiffGaff’s 1Gb “gigabag” – , monthly rolling contract, no long commitment, £10, tethering allowed.

kevster
    Free Member

Ended up repairing my phone by buying a new dock connector, 40 min job carefully following instructions but now working as it should!!! Problem is that looking at all these phones has made me want a new one! Anyone want a 16GB iPhone 3GS in excellent condition?!

white101

Kevs, this thread left me in a similar place wanting new phone and have ended up with iphone 4s on o2 for £22pm, 600mins, unltd text and 750 data. All of which should be enough.

kevster
    Free Member

That sounds like a good deal, free phone?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘New Phone Indecision!’ is closed to new replies.