Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • New Pegasus – say hello to my little friend
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Just finished the build, purists look away now, it's got only half a fork. Can't wait to give her a good beating on the Chilterns tomorrow 😀

Weight is a bit under 23.5 lbs. Feels like a feather compared to my Blur, and faaaast!

hooja
    Free Member

like it…like it alot

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

That is almost exactly as I plan to build one up! Not keen on the bars but each to their own!

Where did you source the lefty?

drofluf
    Free Member

Very nice

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Very nice, apart from the bars.

hoojum
    Free Member

Nice build. I'd love to replace my Swift with the Pegasus but would need Sam to have some kind of sale to afford one.

Looks great

pedalhead
    Free Member

I got the Lefty from Project321 in the 'States. I was sceptical about the Carnegies, but actually they're great. I feel they give me a more comfortable position *and* better control. My first comedy bars, but definitely keepers.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The middleburn looks really nice. What chain guide are you using?

trail_rat
    Free Member

those aint the new middleburns are they ?

what happened to those – they were my first choice for my build but i cant find them ANYWHERE !

they kinda came and went – were they crap ?

Andy

Chain guide looks like an Ngear

Wow that looks really, really nice. What travel on the forks? Feedback from first ride?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I really like that,

My singular turned up this week too 😆

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

*smacks lips*

Lovely!

Houns

Wrong for all sorts of reasons and dare i say it, i think it's niche for niche sakes.

But, strangely i like it

fontmoss
    Free Member

very nice, very 'tight'

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Nice, good choice on the ESI grips !

But I reckon you'll lose that chain quick enough unless you go for something like the Paul chain-keeper.. I have run 1x on many bikes with the ngear, but without a bash on t'other side you are risking it

Those look like standard sq. taper rs7s to me .. hence the 'royce' BB

EDIT – wonderfully subtle use of white on the forks/saddle/grips too. Even the King and thomson & ragley logos add to the effect. One of the best looking bikes I've seen

tang
    Free Member

very nice. def need a bash or pauls(would be better with the spec) as that chain will go (i know…)

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Meant to also say it's very lovely!

MrSmith
    Free Member

will the chain not bounce off to the outside of the crank?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

weird but find it very nice… 😉

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

You should be ashamed. That lawn is in an awful condition.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

What a great looking bike 8)

MrNutt
    Free Member

very tidy, which is more than could be said for your grass, do you not own a rake?

trail_rat
    Free Member

one for sam here – head angle looks steep ? if anything i thought a 29er would have a slacker head angle to quicken the supposed "slow" steering or is it to shorten the wheelbase ? i know my rig has a wheel base longer than that of a super 8 and an m1

not critisism at all btw sam im just curious

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Tidy

mildred

What is wrong with those bars – are they upside down or something? 🙂

Wookster

Hmmm…. Some thing on there that I'm a bit unsure of the bars are one but… like it but its really really nice mate……. works as a package!!

EDIT: No its really nice!!! so much so I didnt notice the grass!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. Let's get the lawn out of the way…it's had a pony on it for the past few months. He rather likes the grass, but not the copious amount of moss our lawn also has, hence the mess.

Hora – i think it's niche for niche sakes

I can see why someone would say that, but believe me, this bike has a very specific purpose, and it's not anything to do with flavour of the month niches.

Chain guard – dead right, I'm expecting to dump the chain a lot as it is (been there, done that). I do have a Rohloff guide that I intended to use, but it fouls on the chainstay which is a bummer. Might keep the n-stop on there & sling on the front mech I have lying around as a temporary solution.

Travel on the Lefty is 90mm, spaced out from 120mm for 29er use so it doesn't foul on the front tyre. With this tyre I could technically get away with 100mm but I'm sure it'll be enough as it is.

Cranks are indeed ST Middleburns, with a Royce Ti BB. Had to go with a 116mm axle as there's little/no heel clearance from the chainstays with the usual 113mm. Hoping I'll get away with that one.

Frustratingly, I've not had the chance to ride it at all…I've been spannering in between looking after children etc the past couple of days. First chance will be tomorrow, although a quick spin down the road tonight to tighten up the cranks is in order once the sprogs are in bed. Got a big ride (70 miles) planned tomorrow, not sure doing that on a brand new bike is a great idea, but what the heck.

Houns

How very dare you 😡

pedalhead
    Free Member

ha, oh and I guess the head angle might look a bit steeper than it is because the rear wheel is raised a bit in that stand. Having said that, it is quite a "racey" head angle anyway and I've tried not to alter that very much with the Lefty.

Oh, sorry I see what I did there Houns. My deep apologies 😀

higgo
    Free Member

It's a crazy business we're in

thekingofsweden

It's yours enjoy it :-))

hora
    Free Member

I like it. No offence to Brant but its much much nicer than the 'niche' Ragley on RR's thread. I guess like chalk and cheese.

*Define nice? As in I better its bloody lovely to ride.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lol bit early in the morning to be drinking hora – comparing this to that mmmmbop ….

hora
    Free Member

Nay its on the same page thats why. It looks like a glossy harlot compared to the above.

Drinking? I 'tried' drinking last night. I've really gone off it big time.

luke
    Free Member

That is lovely, change the bars and it would look a lot better, but each to there own, enjoy.

Sam

Looks great Mark! Glad you are pleased with how it's come together and hope you find it rides as well as it looks.

trail_rat – Member
    one for sam here – head angle looks steep ? if anything i thought a 29er would have a slacker head angle to quicken the supposed "slow" steering or is it to shorten the wheelbase ? i know my rig has a wheel base longer than that of a super 8 and an m1

not critisism at all btw sam im just curious

As for head angle, it is 72deg with a 470mm fork, I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the lefty geometry to know their lengths. A slacker head angle would slow steering response. In general 29ers have steeper head angles in order to help keep the steering sharp and wheelbase tighter.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Nice! I personally don't like the look of the forks (although I imagine they'll work quite nicely?).
    Same with the bars. They look fugly, but I reckon the hand position will make for a more comfy ride?!!
    As for a chain-guide, I made my own for under £20 and a smidge over 50g in weight.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

i assume you wont be fitting the wicker basket that must have come with those bars? 😆

schmiken

I love it, except for those bars.

CHB

That bike is perfect, love the bars, the fork and the cranks.
    Only thing missing is a rohloff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New Pegasus – say hello to my little friend’ is closed to new replies.