Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New pedals – Gamut or Burgtec?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I loved my vaults, super comfy and grippy, but they are a bit cheesesque,snapped them clean through on a Lakes trip a while back, so looking at alternatives. I have superstar nanos on another bike, but they’re just not as grippy or comfortable.

Anyhoo, Gamut podium or Burgtec penthouse are looking about the same price point, and get good reviews, anyone using either?.

Hadge
    Free Member

Love my Burgtecs. They are very grippy indeed and solid as being fully CNC machined from a solid billet. I’ve a spare pair going if your interested in Blue. Email me if you are interested.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Blue wouldn’t match my bike unfortunately!

jonnyrockymountain

Some nice red spank spikes vgc all pins there ? £30 posted ppg?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

External bearings are a huge no from me Jonny, sorry.

woodster

Had some Penthouse mk4s and liked them, but they do sit a bit close to the crank arms making for more heel rub and making them feel narrower than they are. Very, very grippy and probably ideal if you want something that sits narrow.

My Spesh Boomslangs are proper lovely though, they feel amazing with ridiculous grip and seem really well made with no issues and they even still look very tidy despite plenty of action. One of those parts which just feels spot on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New pedals – Gamut or Burgtec?’ is closed to new replies.