Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new part prob
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

just put my new chain rings on and chain and casette and sometimes the chain can slip when i apply pressure to the pedals when im going uphill and feels like im abut to snap the chain off, how can i solve this thx

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Odd. More detail needed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicyclo

Is this a single speed or a derailleur bike?

seanodav
    Free Member

Slipping across the cassette or up-down it?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

no derailleur bike, its when im in about 5 gear and it kinda just jolts forward, you know when you snap your chain, feels like that, like slipping off the cogs, its brand new, got no oil on it or anything, will it need oiling? new chain casette 3 new rings on front the lot i bought

XC_PK
    Free Member

Stiff link?

bruneep

freehub slipping?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

not sure, might just need some oil to lube it up

seanodav
    Free Member

Sounds like stiff link, oil the chain and check ea link for ease of movement

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a similar problem when put a Wipperman chain, it stopped slipping when I oiled it. Also when putting the chain on did You used a powerlink or just used the pin and joined the chain together? If the second option than that might be the stiff link.

Or the new drivetrain needs some bedding in and will stop slipping after a ride or two…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh miesko it could be that, ill oil it up and ride a few rides to bed it all in and it should be ok, its a power link btw, thx all for the suggestions 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new part prob’ is closed to new replies.