Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New pads for avids, recommendations please
  • dallas95
    Free Member

I need to buy some new brake pads for my avid elixirs and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I like my brakes to bite hard into the disc and be fairly “grabby”. I was going to try organic pads but I have only ever used the stock pads so not sure what to get.

carlos
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure all Stock pads are Organic. Hope are for sure.

postierich
    Free Member

if you want grabby sintered are what you want!

andylc
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure all of the bikes and new brakes I have bought have come with sintered pads as standard.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Have always used superstar sintered, however changed pads on my lads bike for the first time (x0 trails) with the ss pads and they squealed unbearably, got so sick of hearing them, mid ride we swooped em over to some uber bike sintered pads a mate was carrying and problem disappeared.
    I’ll be buying the uber pads from now on.

MartynS

2nd for uberpads.

dallas95
    Free Member

I’ll give the uber sintered a go. I have seen them on ebay so I will get some bought.

thanks to all.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I usually get Clarkes sintered no issues so far in most brakes used.

jimmy

I use Superstar Kevlars. No squealing but not sure about the advantage over organic.

binners

Superstar Kevlars in’t Summer. Superstar sintered in’t winter.

Buy ’em 4 sets at a time. Cheap as chips!

zero-cool
    Free Member

The steel backed organic pads are the best I’ve found for SRAM and Avid brakes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New pads for avids, recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.