Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Knee pads for a large thighed being
  • tommyhine

Hi,

I want some knee pads for trail riding but I have a large thighs and calf’s (25 inch thighs and 19 inch calf’s), is anybody in the same boat and could they recommend a lightweight knee pad?

Cheers

ton

661 veggies are huge mate. wanna buy some?

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

I have similarly dimensioned legs and was looking for the same. Just bought (as in picked up from the PO today) some G-Form pads. Done a quick fit test in the office and they seem fine. Very light, flexible and seem comfortable. Similar material to the D3o’s but £40 from g-form uk. Quick dispatch too!

Remains to be seen how they are in use but I’m hopeful… Not used pads before…

superfli
    Free Member

I can tell you what not to get of that helps!
    I have Fox Launch Pro large/xl and have 21″/15.5″ legs, they are very tight, so would be too tight for you.

honourablegeorge

What size G-Forms did you get, MoN?

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

I ordered the XL size. There is a size guide on the G-form website, http://g-form.com/products/knee-pad/ they go up to a 3XL. You may need a larger size than me, my calf is 17inches/thigh 20inches but you measure the centre of the knee for sizing of these. They are pretty stretchy though!

kuman
    Free Member

Best way is to go to your lbs and try some. I have really large legs and struggled to find any to fit me. Ended up getting 661 evo in xl. Perfect fit and lightweight so suitable for all day riding. Guys from my lbs were more than happy to match CRC price, bonus.

ads678

A very quick measure says i’m similar dimensions to the OP and i use XL Race Face dig knee pads. They fit me pretty well although i have never tried any others.

tommyhine

thanks for the responses, i’ll probably have a look at the 661 evo’s or similar.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads for a large thighed being’ is closed to new replies.