Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • New Orbea Rallon – anyone ridden one?
  • Stevelol that’s the 1st thing that I thought.
    But looks great in that colour combo .

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

I get mine this afternoon, yippeee

addict10

Great reading these newer posts on the Rallon. No update/change on my M10 MyO delivery date, March/April (ordered November). Just as a reminder for those checking out sizing I carpark tested a s/m and at 5″8 it was perfect. Gone for full gloss black with full Graphpite Grey graphics and Kashima up front with 150mm Turbine dropper and chainguide. Any news and will keep you posted for those following delivery times etc. Keep posting yours in the mean time!!

mark_rich
    Free Member

Anyone running a bottle cage yet on their rallon ?
    Was going to by a right hand lezyne side loader (seemed to make sense as most people are right handed + shock levers on right) saw the fabric ones once I got in the shop so got that.
    Fits fine, however when fitting i noticed the cage mount bolts are off centre on the downtube for some reason so the bottle leans more to the left making me wonder if they are designed for a particular cage ?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

As far as I know Orbea recommend that you use a left loading bottle cage.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hopefully not derailing from the Rallon but I have a couple of months to wait for my Rallon. In the meantime I bought a Laufey, it’s the new name for the Loki. I tested one a fair bit last year and loved it but had to give it back. The new one has a bigger fork and new coloques, it looks great!

nickism
    Free Member

It’s finally arrived! I’ll get some proper pictures of it in its natural environment when I take it out but at the moment you’ll have to do with hospital accommodation decor.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Blue and pink… brave but I think it works really nicely! It rides so well with that shock. Enjoy!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Think that blue is a brilliant colour!

I’d highly recommend invisframe or similar to protect the paintwork. Sadly didn’t do it myself and already have a few prominent scuffs to the finish!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Not ridden for 3 weeks,Manflu has ruined me

mark_rich
    Free Member

Looks nice that laufey Doug, have they done away with the plus wheels now or have u changed them?
    I’m fancying a 650b+ hardtail myself to save the rallon from all this crap weather.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey Mark, those are plus wheels! A Highroller 3.0 and a Chronicle 3.0 as well. You can get it 29 instead I think.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Hey Mark, those are plus wheels! A Highroller 3.0 and a Chronicle 3.0 as well. You can get it 29 instead I think.

They look like 29er wheels in the pic, must be the camera angle, very nice though. Looks long and slack

dblspeed
    Free Member

Anybody riding the Fox 36 Float Performace 160 3-Position fork on the M10 (grip damper)? How do you like it?

General consensus is the HSC LSC damper is very good, but haven’t found much on the grip damper.

Besides the extra cost in certain situations I’d rather have the 3 position adjustability to quickly lock the fork.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

nickism – are you ‘Bike of the Day’ on another site?

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

@dblspeed

The one I demoed had the GRIP damper and it is very good indeed. I’d say it would be more than fine for the majority. See here for an overview from someone who knows what they’re talking about… https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-tuesday-tune-ep-13-foxs-budget-fit-grip-damper.html

I’ve heard it’s rebadged marzocchi tech, which is pretty good. I liked it.

Disclaimer: I have the full factory one on my Rallon. Pics when I get some nice ones.

dblspeed
    Free Member

Cheers bloddsexmagik, the meantime I got a good deal on the M10 with factory forks and took the plunge.

I had seen the PB article but also read some negative user feedback about the grip as well, probably due to improper set up, who knows, in the end I just felt getting the factory fork was going to be easier than upgrading later,

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

So i’ve ridden mine a few times now and I think we’re starting to understand each other. It feel’s so snappy compared to other big 29ers I’ve ridden and that’s taken a bit of getting used to but I think it’s going to be an absolute rocket. Feels mint surfing into muddy ruts.

Some pictures because that’s what everyone wants to see:

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

addict10

My MyO is due end of February – forward of the original delivery date.

scaled
    Free Member

When was the original date, Addict?

monostereo
    Free Member

Nice colourway choice blooksexmagik. very nice.  This may be my next bike if i ever get board/break my bronson v2.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

You guys that have the coil fitted how are you finding it? A good match for the bike? I am thinking about ordering one to try….

mrhoppy

I had a quick car park spin on one at the weekend and I’m thinking I might need to bite the bullet.  A couple of questions to those of you with them/selling them, does anyone know if the seat tube has enough room to allow a 150mm drop seat post to be fitted with the post collar pretty much on the top of the seat tube?  Mrs hoppy got bitten by this recently where there was enough room on her fuel ex to run a 150mm drop post above the seat tube but there wasn’t enough room for the lower so it didn’t work.

And more importantly are there any deals around, I’ve found an M10 for £3,400 which seems pretty good but have I missed anything?

Thanks.

Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘New Orbea Rallon – anyone ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.