Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New one to get outraged about…. Cafe told to stop welcoming cyclists..
  • Tiger6791

So the indy Cafe in Windsor we often cycle to

https://www.facebook.com/cinnamonwindsor/

Is being told not to welcome cyclists or shut (by the looks of it) by the landlords…

😯

Nick Knowles is on the case

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe, thats not very friendly. Thats a stop we use when we do the “Windsor Loop”.

legend
    Free Member

White middle-class is a minority group now?

nedrapier

it’s not the café, it’s the station that own the premises. We ? cyclists

Apparently.

If the station owners want fewer cyclists on the station premises, surely it’s their job to stop cyclists coming in, rather than get the cafe to turn away large slices (yes I did) of its clientele.

JackHammer

Mister-P
    Free Member

Storm in a teacup?

highlandman
    Free Member

The landlord has no taste for a fight and is fudging the issue, hoping the café will catch all of the brownie stuff…

whitestone
    Free Member

So why doesn’t the landlord want cyclists to use the cafe?

JEngledow
    Free Member

I love the ironing that the principal sponsor of the Tour of Britain is now trying to piss off cyclists! 😆

TiRed

Whilst it is not one of my cycling cafes, I’m a local, I can’t really see how they can stop cyclists from using the cafe. There is no forbidding of wheeling bicycles down the arcade. And of course the cafe very kindly provide small locks for the endemic bike theft in Windsor. The chocolate cafe by the bridge has now gone, sadly. The Royal Farm cafe is a little pricey too. Maybe I should set up my own!

It will blow over.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I don’t deny it’s possible, but how do we actually know it’s being asked to shut because of cyclists visiting?

theotherjonv

It will blow over

will it – up until yesterday the lease had till the end of the month to run and the owners were avoiding renewing, supposedly over the cycling usage.

The issue may blow over but if the proprietors have been turfed out before then, it won’t necessarily blow over for them, their business or the staff they employ.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I love the ironing that the principal sponsor of the Tour of Britain is now trying to piss off cyclists!

A case of wanting their cake and eating it?

crazy-legs

That’s a brilliant cafe, I’ve used it several times when riding out from South London to Windsor. Up through Windsor Great Park, into the town, cafe stop then out via Eton.

andyl
    Free Member

this calls for a critical mass of MAMILs on a Saturday morning.

martinhutch

The landlord must have someone lined up prepared to pay a higher rent, and is just looking for a reason to make life awkward for the cafe? I can’t see any LL willing to turf out a successful business purely because of a few bikes stacked outside.

project
    Free Member

There will be more to it than a group of lycra clad cyclists leaving their bikes outside and drinking coffee.

belugabob
    Free Member

What an arrogant stance to take.

Cancel your insurance policies with aviva and boycott the café if the tennants change.

We (the ordinary people) need to start making big corporations realise where their income comes from

duir
    Free Member

Windsor…………is that in France?

scaredypants

no, you’re thinking of ventou(ch)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New one to get outraged about…. Cafe told to stop welcoming cyclists..’ is closed to new replies.