Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • New Old Terminator film featuring New Old Arnie
  • jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS
    In the young Arnie interception scene he’s just wearing a hoodie and a leather jacket. That’s what I regularly wear as a nearly 40 year old.

In the helicopter scene he has grey hair, wrinkles and just has a black canvas jacket on.

Oh I take it back then he blends in well. Although I can’t understand why, if he’s expecting another terminator he brings a sawn off shotgun, and not say, a grenade launcher. Or if Sarah Conor is expecting a T1000 she shows up with a hand gun, instead of, say a grenade launcher.

cookeaa

Personally I’m a bigger fan of the first film than any of the others, T2 was good, but the first one felt a bit darker, grimmer and because it had fewer effects (and those it had were a bit more lo-fi) somehow built a bit more suspense before the robot scrapping started. T2 just had more budget and more fuss/hype was made of it, a good, but not great film by comparison (it was a sequel after all), disregarding anything after T2 is the best bet IMO. Although the Sarah Connor chronicles series had some interesting ideas which they could yet pillage I reckon…

What they’re pulling, of course, is an “Abrams Reboot” innit, same trick as Star trek: use the same characters in pretty much the same setting, plus a bit of time-friggery, so you can reboot the franchise but take it in a marginally different direction, it would be clever, if it hadn’t already been done with another sci-fi franchise within the last decade.

Even though they’ve knicked it, it’s an interesting idea, and a bit of a role reversal as Reese goes from being the main protagonists “Saviour” in the original, to being the one who’s utterly confused, stuck in at the deep end and dragged along for a bit of a ride, biggest question has to be of course, does John Connor actually get conceived in the revised timeline, and of course if he doesn’t, can the whole self-fulfilling, time travelling, psychotic supercomputer driven shitstorm ever happen, time to dust off Paradox’o’meter I reckon…

And old Terminator? there’s a hundred reasonable explanations or plot devices they can use to deal with a gun toting pensioner cycborg, But I think it’s a fundamental flaw that the franchise has become so caught up with having the same actor back each time to play yet another variation on the same character, better to write Arnie out and do it a different way IMO…

Christ knows how Matt Smith fits in but I’m half expecting to cringe when his rubber face does appear on screen, what would be worst is if they’ve made him put on a yank accent, it might work if they’ve invented a new terminator that infiltrates by the means of ridiculous, mincey, over-acting perhaps?

But I’m pretty much 50/50 on the whole thing, it could be utter shite, it could be a reasonable stab at reclaiming and extending the franchise, best to reserve judgement IMO…

GrahamS

if he’s expecting another terminator he brings a sawn off shotgun, and not say, a grenade launcher

That sort of depends what’s loaded in the shotgun doesn’t it?

if Sarah Conor is expecting a T1000 she shows up with a hand gun, instead of, say a grenade launcher.

From memory she’d ideally want a lorry full of liquid nitrogen closely followed by an industrial smelter.

But I imagine that’s much harder to get parked.

Personally I’d have thought some kind of NNEMP weapon would be the way forward, but maybe Cyberdyne were really good at designing EM shielding.
    (Also there would be no exploshunz)

The reality is none of the weapons make sense. If sentient computers wanted to kill all of humanity they wouldn’t fanny about with humanoid cyborgs. They’d use biological weapons, radiation, sarin, and if they had to get personal, invisible unstoppable clouds of microscopic nanobots.

But that’d be a crap film.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

But I imagine that’s much harder to get parked.

Lolz!

Well I’m kinda excited, I enjoy the mind **** that is time travel. Put some mindless violence in there and everyone’s a winner. Can’t be as bad as the latest Transformers surely??

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

That sort of depends what’s loaded in the shotgun doesn’t it?

So she has weapons from the future too? Ah sod it. Who knows or cares. It’ll be terrible, I can tell you that without a time machine.

monkeyfudger Can’t be as bad as the latest Transformers surely??

That would be setting the bar unbelievably low though wouldn’t it?

ut some mindless violence in there and everyone’s a winner

Except the studio at the box office. They’re not gonna get that all important PG-13 rating if it’s got violence in it.

GrahamS

So she has weapons from the future too?

She has a Terminator from the future. Maybe he knows about weapons and stuff?

Also, alternate timeline.

legend
    Free Member

From memory, you can’t take anything with you. Hence, everyone being butt-nekkid…….. but then in an alternate timeline maybe you can conceal things inside you…….

GrahamS

He couldn’t bring weapons with him, but he did bring his memory containing everything you could possibly want to know about weapons and killing things.

So maybe at some point during the years he was sat about waiting for young Arnie he said: “By the way Sarah, if we took a trip to a decent gunsmiths I’m pretty sure I could knock up some nice little high explosive armour piercing rounds that’ll fit in a 12 gauge”

“Or maybe I could do one of those phased plasma rifles. Is there a Maplin near here?”

scotroutes

It worked for Station in Bill & Ted

jimjam
    Free Member

But it’ll just be a shotgun.

GrahamS

Maybe they should have taken it in a different direction altogether:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYyAAdtDfk[/video]

SamB
    Free Member

Ah well if we’re going to start overthinking Arnie films, here’s as good a place as any to post this:

I Will Always Have Been Back: Toward a Grand Unified Theory of Schwarzenegger

Aaaaaaaah! 😀

legend
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here….

jimjam
    Free Member

Latest trailer. Still not convinced.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422503916&x-yt-cl=85027636&v=N4zhBQfqVCc[/video]

legend
    Free Member

The bus flip is killing me

jimjam
    Free Member

For me it’s the bus flip, helicopter drive and the car step thing just like Bruce Willis in Red. And other things,

gordimhor

Two simple truths
    1 T5 is likely to be crap
    2 Gordimhor is going to watch it.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘New Old Terminator film featuring New Old Arnie’ is closed to new replies.