Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • new old stock 130 mm Rock Shox Recons – any about ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

looking for some new old 130mm recons, pref air, don’t care about u-turn, need v-brake mounts and uncut steerer. Prepared to pay full price !

Anyone know of any lurking in any LBS anywhere ?

Thanks

z1ppy

EDIT Bugger your talking about recon’s not rev’s… ignore this

Your looking for some 2008 forks? (or some off a 2011 Boardman full-susser). I’d assume most LBS’s would have bitten the bullet by now and sold them off cheap.. as two different travel incarnation have appeared since then, and the introduction of the power bulge to stiffen things up.

What’s the issue with buying some dual air 150’s and then using the all-travel spacers to lower the travel down to 130mm? If you prepared to buy Recon’s for full price, then your should find some reduced Rev’s for a similar price?

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t think Revs have V bosses though.

flap_jack
    Free Member

V bosses indeed. I got a nice non disc ceramic rimmed wheel, and I want to keep using it.

z1ppy

my bad…, I thought you needed 6″ of travel and duel front disc brakes to post here 😉

ampthill

These fail on all but 2 of your requirements.

But they are new and have v-brake bosses

http://www.rushcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b78s30p3613&rs=gb

Not seen much else about with v-brakes

Not used them myself but ridden with some one who thought they were fab……

flap_jack
    Free Member

sadly ‘currently unavailable’…

flap_jack
    Free Member

ooh, hadn’t seen the 44s. Many thanks, think that’s hit the spot ! Just need to tone down that glossy finish…

flap_jack
    Free Member

hmm, reviews aren’t great…

angryratio
    Free Member

Go with the mx comps..
    they’re no nonsense forks. I too have had crap experiences with 44’s just like the two reviews on crc.

Run a set on one of my bikes, and once past the long bedding in period they develop a buttery smooth feel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘new old stock 130 mm Rock Shox Recons – any about ?’ is closed to new replies.