Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New (old) frame to build up , hardtail or ridgid?
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Bought an old Sunn Xircuit frame off here the other day and now cant decide whether to build it up as a hardtail with 100mm forks or a rigid with some carbon forks. I have a full suss and LT hardtail . Should i go for a superlight singlespeed hardtail or be sensible and enjoy a bit of suss.

Answers on a postcard, what would you do?

lyons
    Free Member

I'd go gears… But then I think all singlespeeders are perverts. (except for bmx, track and dir jump bikes). Also, I feel the same about rigid forks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

He's said nothing about gears vs. ss.

OP depends what your riding style/terrain is like. I couldn't enjoy rigid now (I am an old git though)

letmetalktomark

Super fast, super light, super rigid.

SuperSuperSuperSuperSuperSuperSuper

🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Rigid singlespeed for me… go for the fast fast fast option 8)

btw, what era are those SID's? and are they in any good nick? 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

rigid = fast LOLercraft111

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Most of my riding is in the peaks but i have other bikes for that so mainly Rivlin valley singletrack and bridleways. Gears essential but 1×9 2×9 3×9 ???? Maybe even one of those new 11sp Alfines when they come out!

Need to keep costs down as well!

SiB
    Free Member

got a 1998 gt timberline as a gift for xmas, rigid, gears, love it! Bike of choice for last couple of months, just good fun, back to basics.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

not my sids , but there 2003 there Joes who i bought the bike from , kind of regret not getting them as well tbh, but i had some 2001 sids that flexed like a barsteward so thought these might be the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New (old) frame to build up , hardtail or ridgid?’ is closed to new replies.