Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New OE Tora 318 – travel question
  • retrogression
    Free Member

I've just received my new 2009 Tora 318 solo air from Wiggle. It's an OE fork and was part of their mega sale. I wasn't sure what travel it would come set with so I measured it rather than take it apart straight away. Both the crown to axle measurement and total compression of the fork with no air in it indicate it is set at 115mm travel. As the travel is supposed to be 80/100/130mm (as sold) I am confused. Perhaps this is some OE travel setting? Any ideas? Thanks.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

There may be a spacer in the air spring? Could be an OEM travel setting for a particular sized bike.

retrogression
    Free Member

Yes that's what I thought. I'll have to take it apart to have a look.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Dam they were a good deal. I missed out on one.

tomhughes46

Anyone managed to figure this out yet? Have bought a set as a gift but might have to change the travel first 🙁

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

tomhughes46 you can always sell them me 115mm travel is just what I'm after!

nerd
    Free Member

Put some air in it and then measure it. The fork will spring out a bit when there is air in it.
    I bet they are set to 120mm with an internal spacer as mentioned above.
    Also, measure the length of the stanchion showing and subtract 10mm to get the available travel. This is how I set the travel on my 318 coil U-turns – when fully wound out (so travel is 130mm), the stanchion length is about 140mm.

tomhughes46

Yeah; actually changing it is a doddle (well, it is on Recons and similar forks), I'd just rather not have to.

retrogression
    Free Member

I don't have my tools with me or I would have stripped the fork yesterday. Once I've got some tools (in the next few days) I'll take it apart and report my findings.

There is less than 130mm of stanchion exposed with air in the fork so there must be a spacer in there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New OE Tora 318 – travel question’ is closed to new replies.