Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Nomad Carbon
  • GaryBanham
    Free Member

Picked it up last night and cant wait to get out tomorrow!

It has Float 180 (probably to be reduced to 160), King, Hope and most of Shimanos range and I LOVE IT!

Weighed in @ 30.4 Lb with pedals and a big thanks to Mountain Trax for sorting it for me!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150290893615628.379271.759645627

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Fixed the link for you

Crazy brake lever angle, and you could have got some more red bling like disc carriers, BB etc, but very nice indeed

Bregante

Unfortunately I cannot access your pics, as I am not 15 and therefore have no interest in Facebook

GaryBanham
    Free Member

Thanks for the fix!

In truth I didn’t want the red but got the wheels a few weeks before I decided on the build so they had to do 🙂

scotia
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    Unfortunately I cannot access your pics, as I am not 15 and therefore have no interest in Facebook

POSTED AGO # REPORT-POST

ooohhh get you!

GaryBanham
    Free Member

oh well Bregante such is life…

geetee1972
    Free Member

I do like the carbon Nomad; it’s definitely a big leap forward in terms of how carbon can be used to get a bike that is lighter, stiffer and stronger all at the same time. Not cheap mind.

If you’re going to drop the forks to 160mm (which I think is sensible) then why not just put a 160 Float on and save yourself another pound in weight?

While you’re at it get rid of the crap brakes for something that work and save yourself another pound at the same time. The next XT or XTR trails are excellent.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Very, very nice build. Hope you enjoy it. Im not 15 and i have fb, i do behave like a 15yr old sometimes tho. 😀

GaryBanham
    Free Member

The cranks were from my last build and are fine for now but your right, when new XTR cranks and rear mech available I will be getting them anyway.

Ref forks – sore subject. I couldn’t get 160mm due to model year change over and wanted the bike built now so not to miss the best summer months of riding… as for weight there is only a few hundred grams in it really so fair point but I’m pretty happy with what I have for now.

🙂

CHB

no facebook here so no pics.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

If you can afford a carbon Nomad at 15 that’s very impressive. It probably means your a drug dealer.

Nice bike though.

sc-xc

A quick search seems to suggest the average age of facebook users is 38….or are you too sneery to use google as well?

or – – –

**** get over your **** self.

Blower
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

A quick search seems to suggest the average age of facebook users is 38….or are you too sneery to use google as well?

or – – –

**** get over your **** self.
    +1
    some right clever uppety c**** on here!

geetee1972
    Free Member

as for weight there is only a few hundred grams in it really so fair point

I think it’s about the same weight difference as between the Carbon Nomad and the regular aluminum one.

The cabon version though isn’t all about reducing the weight. The most amazing quality it demosntrates is stiffness and resiliance at the same time, sort of like a titanium hardtail but more pronounced.

The stiffness you feel in hard turns or over rocky ground, where the bike has a telepathic like ability to hold its line and the information you get coming through is all about what the bike is doing in contact with the ground and not what it’s doing when bending underneath you.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Someone has drunk ALL the santa cruz coolaid….
    You can feel that through 160mm of suspension travel and 2.35 tyres…..can you feel the pea under your mattress?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Looks nice. I like the revised looks/geo of the new Nomad.

However, call me cynical, but with that spec, there is no way on gods earth that bike is 30.4lbs.

anto164
    Free Member

Looks really really nice, but i’m confused to the spec of the bike..

the worlds heaviest brakes, 180mm forks, and an air shock? (And really, SLX on a carbon? Surely XTR is the only option when you’re spending £2500 on a frame)

I also cant see where the 30lbs come from..looks like it’d be at least 32/33lbs. (Especially with the brakes and forks)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Someone has drunk ALL the santa cruz coolaid….

Not really. I drank the Nicolai koolaid. I don’t even own a Santa Cruz.

And yes I can feel the stiffness of Carbon Nomad. I don’t see how the amount of travel would prevent you from doing so? Frame stiffness is one of those things that makes a huge difference in how a bike feels.

As for the pea, well I never tried.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

Some good stuff said here…… The weight is on the build card as that, I’ll get it weighed in front of me but honestly it really does feel as light as they say, or it could be because I’m running the wheels tubless 😆

The forks are a red herring really as they will be reduced to 160mm but I didn’t want to wait for stock to come in, the purpose behind this bike is a future proofed do it all build.

I think I mentioned the SLX was carry over from last bike and the XT rear mech is tempory so it will be full XTR which is more suited for a higher spec build.

As for the brakes, jesus after one ride I don’t care how heavy they are – they are wicked!

At the end of the day it’s got everything I want on it and it rides very well. I’ve had to add a longer stem and lower it too but so far I’m glad I wasted my bonus on it 😀

GaryBanham
    Free Member

Just because the odd person may care I’ve re weighed it and it is in fact 30.08Lb with pedals (now on flats) so the 30.4Lb would have been right.

It’s a lovely bike and have been to CYB and have a Cwm uplift day booked and so far I wouldn’t change a thing.

:0)

markwalker
    Free Member

ummmmmmmmmmmmm got one of these 2 months old with xt hope m4 techs and talas 36 weighs in at 29.5lb. its covered approx 1000k, 450k in the alps and the lower pivot bearings have gone the bushes on the shock have gone still waiting for replacements ie this is the third week so i have a nice new bike that is naked and sat in garage great fun.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you ******* *******

i want one jealous

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Nomad Carbon’ is closed to new replies.