Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • New 'newspaper' laws cover STW too, it seems
  • wwaswas

footflaps

STW Towers had better stop hacking our voice mail accounts proto……

martinhutch

‘A substantial proportion of which’ – nice to see that the lawyers are making sure there is enough future work guaranteed to fill in the gaps.

Stoner
    Free Member

until Mr Chipps et al send the hamsters on a one-way trip to the US where their publication is protected by the First Amendment.

footflaps

The Hamsters are barely able to turn their wheel as it is, I think a long haul flight might kill them off for good….

scotroutes

Or Scotland

binners

I’ve got long lense pictures of a pregnant Hora sunbathing topless with Prince Harry on his private beech.

Can I not post them up then? 🙁

martinhutch

private beech

Is that in Windsor Great Park?

theotherjonv

I’m worried that beech may not be a spelling mistake and may instead be a euphemism to describe a twig thin article.

binners

No… Ikea 😉

wwaswas

hora, earlier;

Kevevs
    Free Member
    wwaswas

looks like twitter and Facebook are covered by that definition, too.

wallop

STW? Current Affairs?!

martinhutch

It’s going to be a nightmare. Veteran forum complainers will be contacting the new body once every five minutes with various spurious whinges.

binners

So we can look forward to more incidences of people being prosecuted for daft comments on Twitter, while Business As Usual carries on at News International 🙄

Kevevs
    Free Member

While I’ve still got the chance, can I just call Hugh Grant a massive W*****. HELLOOOO HUGH GRANT! YOU’RE A MASSIVE W*****!

wwaswas

While I’ve still got the chance

As long as you have proof I think you’ll stillbe able too.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’ve got long lense lens pictures…

FTFY

Kevevs
    Free Member

ah, ok. A Notting Hill or Four Weddings and A Funeral DVD will suffice.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Always match their other hand…

martinhutch

There is a new specific offence of ‘not liking Love Actually’ in the Royal Charter. It’s retrospective – so covers just about everyone in the UK.

Mark

This is nothing really new. We’ve always been bound by the standard rules and laws of defamation and libel as a media organisation. What you post on here is deemed to have been published JOINTLY by yourselves and us. That’s why we try and keep an eye on you all 😉

wwaswas

But you have to join this club in order not to face exemplary damages? So differs from current situation.

wwaswas

Law says blogs are included, Downing St briefing journalists that they’re not.

So that’s all clear then.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, but even an ordinary bod, setting up a blog and photoshopping a big nob on the head of Hugh Grant and calling him nasty defamatory names will now come under the radar even more no? Seems to me they’re using the Press Regulation as an opportunity to MOAR regulate the internetz. Can’t be having ordinary people getting ideas in their heads and broadcasting them willy nilly. gosh!

mefty
    Free Member

It says in the course of a business so most individual’s comments will not be covered

CountZero

While I’ve still got the chance

As long as you have proof I think you’ll stillbe able too.

Well, nobody’s absolutely certain what Hugh was doing in the car with the hooker… 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

can’t we just turn this into a Hugh Grant bashing thread? pleeeeease?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

can’t we just turn this into a Hugh Grant bashing thread? pleeeeease?

You mean this chap?

hora
    Free Member

So new/issue 80. Whats that full suss on one?

maccruiskeen

STW? Current Affairs?!

Is this a new forum section for threads by people with an anonymous login detailing their relationship woes?

Gweilo
    Free Member

And therein lays the problem with press regulation, even if some of the journalists are scumbags that behave appallingly everyone gets tarred with the same brush and legislated against.

Kevevs
    Free Member

maybe what’s interesting is what’s termed “press” or “newspapers” or “journalists” anymore? They sound like very outmoded words to me. If you’ve got a website with a million hits everyday or something. what’s the difference?

CountZero

even if some of the journalists are scumbags that behave appallingly everyone gets tarred with the same brush and legislated against.

Today’s news:

Page last updated at 17:22 GMT, Monday, 18 March 2013
    MP’s stolen phone accessed by Sun

The Sun newspaper has apologised in the High Court for accessing private information on a stolen mobile phone belonging to a Labour MP.

Police told Siobhain McDonagh her text messages had been accessed after her phone was stolen in October 2010.

The Sun, which has not admitted the theft of the phone itself, is to pay the MP “very substantial damages”.

The court has heard “possibly hundreds” of new claimants are seeking damages from the now defunct News of the World.

The hearing is the latest in a series before Mr Justice Vos relating to civil damages claims brought by people from all walks of life over the phone-hacking scandal.

Gweilo
    Free Member

I believe that youtube, twitter facebook et al, and probably these forums all count as self publishing so we could all fall foul of the defamation and libel laws….

hora
    Free Member

I blame Marks glasses. They look evil

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

i thought the hamsters had been upgraded, to a team of chipmunks, imported from LA.

Kevevs
    Free Member

No, they were imported back from LA Fitness, after a 3 month boot camp. seems to have worked though, fair do’s to the little critters.

zokes
    Free Member

As this website is (or at least was) hosted in the US, how is this under the jurisdiction of the new laws?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New 'newspaper' laws cover STW too, it seems’ is closed to new replies.