Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New mums and christmas.
  • andybrad

So i see there are a few of us with new babies and hence new mums. Im crap at all this so im wondering what your getting your better, stressed out, sleep deprived other half for Christmas?

wwaswas

A lie in was always popular 🙂

bearnecessities

Puppy and a kitten, just to keep her on her toes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ironing board cover and a diet book

or

A spa day/treatment type thing.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Probably not crotchless knickers or a basque

Sorry :-/ I’ve been to the pub at lunch

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yep, sleep and a pampering sort of a thing I would have thunked.

lesgrandepotato

New outfit so she feels pretty, big box of Lush bath bombs, a locket with a picture of the bub and a lock of hair.

Job jobbed,

ransos
    Free Member

So i see there are a few of us with new babies and hence new mums. Im crap at all this so im wondering what your getting your better, stressed out, sleep deprived other half for Christmas?

Could you arrange for parents/ in-laws to look after the baby overnight, or for the evening? I would think she’d appreciate a nice dinner or night away, just the two of you.

mtbfix

A moon cup?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

New outfit so she feels pretty, big box of Lush bath bombs, a locket with a picture of the bub and a lock of hair.

So, you’re saying she dresses badly, smells and must remain chained to the offspring permanently 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Crotchless basque?

Vasectomy.

growinglad
    Free Member

A moon cup?

🙂

You old romantic you…

brakes
    Free Member

you’ve already given her something amazing and expensive…. a baby!
    that’s what I told my wife last year after out pre-Christmas baby.
    I can’t remember what she said… which either means there was concussion involved or she wasn’t bothered about the triviality of it all.

ferrals
    Free Member

A bottle of Gin

daftvader
    Free Member

A meal at the pudding club (as suggested by mrsvader)

mark90
    Free Member

I got the missus a necklace from here http://www.silverheartprints.co.uk for the first christmas after our 2nd was born, seemed to go down well (pun intended) 😉

sweaman2
    Free Member

I got sweamrs a new set of skis 🙂 She was really pleased as it showed to her that I also felt the dealing with a new born and not doing much active was just a blip and she’d be back on the slopes in no time…

andybrad

LOL at crotch less knickers!

stumpy01

Hmm. Had our first little sproglet at the end of Oct.

Can’t say I have given Christmas one iota of my attention yet!!

It will no doubt be pamper stuff, perhaps a voucher for a clothes shop so she can treat herself to some post-bump clothes & I quite like the idea of one of those hand/foot print necklace things too. They do a pendant that would go on her Pandora bracelet…

pictonroad

A day/evening/hour out with her mates doing something else, you will have enough ‘things’ to stock a trip to Mars from others. I can tell you that with a 1&4 yr old the most valuable commodity you can give someone by MILES is time.

stumpy01

Loving the pelvic floor exerciser suggestion! They’d be appreciated almost as much as the Salter Digital Kitchen scales that I got her a couple of years ago! 😆

DT78
    Free Member

Instead of buying yet more stuff we are going to either go away for a long weekend or persuade the MIL to take the noise machine and have a proper blow out evening meal.

jekkyl

be warned though, some new mums just won’t consider being away from baby overnight, doubley so if they’re breastfeeding.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New mums and christmas.’ is closed to new replies.