Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • new mtb clothing
  • jedi

My dakine stuff is shabby nowdays. Need new stuff. Any recommendations in a freeridesque cut. 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

love my fox sergeant shorts, so comfy on long rides.

juan
    Free Member

One cannot go wrong with FOX/Royal clothing/Sombrio.

wrecker
    Free Member

All the royal clothing I’ve had has fallen to bits. Would not recommend. Fox is good, dakine too. There’s definitely space in the market for similar stuff.

maccruiskeen

One cannot go wrong with FOX/Royal clothing/Sombrio.

really? Have sombrio figured out how to make a zip, popper or button that both functions and stays attached to the garment yet? Or sew up the bottom of a pocket properly. If they’ve managed that then their stuff has the potential to actually be quite good, otherwise be prepared to pack a sewing kit along with your multitool and spare tube.

Northwind

Haven’t had anything from Fox that wasn’t good. Though their gloves have gone off a bit recently.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

+1 Fox – They’ve never let me down, additionally there seem to be absolutely stacks of dealers so you can nearly always find one with what you want at a good price.

tomhoward

I *heart* anything with ‘Troy Lee Designs’ written on it 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

ROACH………….no longer alas

newer stuff i would not recommend
    Sombrio
    Royal

shabby clown wear

fOx have some decent stuff

colournoise

I like…

Oakley and Endura for shorts (got Sombrio but never got on with them).
    Fox and Oakley for nicely cut FR/DH style jerseys.
    Royal and Fox for gloves.

slainte 8) rob

LMT
    Free Member

Normally i don’t bother with proper biking clothing but got some altura shorts a while back, great fit, then went for the altura bamboo tops, yesterday ordered one of the new style raceface tops. Got more biking kit than normal clothes at the moment!

jedi

Will check out fox but my lbs can’t get them 🙁

juan
    Free Member

What does you LBS stocks?

mbarnes
    Free Member

I can’t recommend my intrepid apparel shorts enough! They are amazing!

Suggsey
    Free Member

I love Dakine shorts! so much better fit than others I have tried and so much more durable.
    I have had Oakly FR type shirt and it was okay but got pongy real quick. the Altura one I have is okay but not as comfortable and seems to stick to the skin when sweaty.
    Tend to see alot of Oakley FR stuff going cheap on the web (but that my just be in big biffer size)

_tom_
    Free Member

Royal is alright but sized terribly.. I’m normally a medium but the small fits more like a large :\

ashfanman
    Free Member

love my fox sergeant shorts, so comfy on long rides.

+1

I’ve had a pair of Fox Sergeants that have been used on rides several times a week for the past few years and they’re still going strong. Great shorts.

I just wear those with a Howies merino tee that I picked up at a sample sale a few years ago. Job done.

Royal, on the other hand, seem to have really gone downhill. The last pair I bought fell apart shocking quickly.

JoeG
    Free Member

I like Fox and Dakine jerseys myself. I also have an older one by Mace that I really like, I’d try them again if I could find some.

Haven’t bought shorts for several years as I found some that I liked and bought 5 or 6 pairs!

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone know the best place to buy fox clothing from?
    Ive stopped shopping with CRC so looking for alternatives please.

brakes
    Free Member

Fox stuff is pretty much all I buy BUT the sergeant shorts aren’t very hard wearing. Any hint of rain/ grit and the arse takes a hammering and you’ll get a nice unsightly faded worn patch on your posterior.
    Oakley stuff is nice, if a little pricey.

wrecker, try Stif cycles in Leeds – they have lots of Fox stuff and do mail order.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Stif seem to have a large range of Fox clothing and good prices , their mail order has been good for me too.
    Richard

juan
    Free Member

Interesting.
    I have so far:
    A fox top and bottom, works great, execptionnal wicking but I can see the shorts diying during a crash
    A Race face shorts and top (LS with mesh on the sides) from 2004 I can’t see this one dying anytime soon.
    A commencal top and bottom from best. I love the top but the shorts are on the “wide” side even for small.
    A royal top and short. Short are quite good as a compromise due to the fabric ableit a bit weird in size (you need a bear belly me think) and the top is really good.
    Plus a mix of very very old kona bottom, race face super light shorts and pleny of tops from patagonia and a couple of official jerseys from the LBS. All good kit.

singlespeedstu

Race Face seem to have sorted their act out again.
    Kind of like Sombrio was before it went a bit shit.

rockfield
    Free Member

The Intrepid shorts I have are great, nice cut and hardwearing stretchy material. Best shorts I’ve ever had. Jerseys look good too. UK based company too – seem like good guys.
    http://intrepidapparel.co.uk/

jam-bo

Id get more dakine.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just got a couple of well priced fox jerseys from stif thanks brakes and tricky dicky.
    The stuff on the raceface website looks nice too.

mbarnes
    Free Member

I have the jersey too from intrepid its also great! Details are amazing. Thumb holes, zipped back pocket, zipped sleeve pocket. Very well made.

tomhoward

Brakes, Stif aren’t in Leeds anymore, they moved to summerhills, nr Harrogate.

wrecker
    Free Member

There do seem to be a few companies who make nice kit but their pricing is waaaaaay out. Intrepid, sweet protection and POC all need to shoot whoever decides RRP for their clothes. Ridiculous.

brakes
    Free Member

Brakes, Stif aren’t in Leeds anymore, they moved to summerhills, nr Harrogate.

really? not been there for a number of years – kind of assumed they’d always be there.

jambo13
    Free Member

Recently got some Race Face kit, it’s nice.

Also like the Endura Burner tops, dead comfy and hard wearing.

Fox stuff is pretty much all I buy BUT the sergeant shorts aren’t very hard wearing.

Had the same problem with Fox shorts. Still good but completely faded around my arse.

shiny
    Free Member

Maloja shorts I bought from Evans recently is superb, especially the shorts, nice well thought out designs and a very high quality finish, expensive though.

cheers
    shiny

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘new mtb clothing’ is closed to new replies.