Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New MTB Access Group Charnwood MTB
  • BillOddie

I have decided to take the bull by the horns and set up CharnwoodMTB so local mountain bikers will have a Organisation to represent them and campaign for legitimate access to more trails in the Charnwood Area of Leicestershire in a positive and constructive manner.

We just have a Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/charnwoodmtb/ and twitter account thus far https://twitter.com/CharnwoodMTB but a proper website will be along at some point.

We also have a meeting set up with the Land Agent for Bradgate Park next Monday.

I’m sure progress will be slow but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and all that.

Goes without saying but local riders, please get in touch!

danrandon
    Free Member

Hi Buddy, hit me up with some details. email in my profile.

Dan

BillOddie

Dan, you have mail!

Cheers

Bill

schmiken

Have joined, followed and shared!

danrandon
    Free Member

cheers mate, i’ll reply later. I’ll join the facebook group when not at work as it’s blocked here 🙁

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I’ve also sent a join request (mine’s the crudely drawn face & daft name).

Whilst I have some reservations (as discussed at length on the Swithland wood thread) I’m definitely interested in being part of this, and will do what I can to provide constructive input.

Good man 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Have also joined. As with Mr Belowski I have reservations about this, but at least I know you a little bit and know for certain that your intentions are good. I hope this is not too pessimistic, but I think I have a group crest we could use……..

BillOddie

dannyh – what do we have to lose???

fathomer

Joined and followed as well.

fin25
    Free Member

joined.

MoreCashThanDash

If any of you are CTC members, they were running training workshops for campaigners recently. Might be open to none members anyway, details will be under the campaigns or courses section of their website.

Might be useful for you perhaps? Might also be worth seeing if they have anyone active locally you could work with.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I am a charnwoodmtb member and a CTC member. I will investigate.

BillOddie

Good Lad Mikey T!

dannyh
    Free Member

dannyh – what do we have to lose???

Not much, granted.

My major worry is that we will be turned down, then this will act as grist to the mill for the people who don’t want us there to request greater enforcement by the park authority. But, basically, we don’t have anything to lose – hence my joining the facebook group and wanting to help out if possible.

I am a confirmed cynic. I will only partly apologise for this as I wasn’t so much of a cynic until I got out into the real world after school and uni. Since then, the world has reinforced my cynicism more than it has challenged it(!)

BillOddie

Bump for the weekend crowd!

dannyh
    Free Member

BillOddie.

What do you need/want anyone to do? If you can give me an idea then I might be able to help out.

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t know my availability for any meeting on Monday (or if you want others there). If you do, please put the details on here(?) Probably best not to turn up mob-handed, though.

Hopefully you won’t think I’m being a nosy git, or stating the bleeding obvious, but have you considered the following for your meeting?

What role is Peter proposing to adopt? Is he acting to take forward a proposal from you to the trust committee? Will he be involved in the actual decision? Does he have a vote? That kind of thing.

What are you asking for (or willing to accept)? Total access comparable with walkers? Access on a par with horses? Dedicated routes? Dedicated route (singular)?

Are you willing to consider time restrictions (time of day, day of week, time of year)?

On a more practical theme, is anyone going to take notes from ‘our’ side? Or is it an informal meeting to break the ice?

Hope this helps, but tell me to bugger off if this seems patronizing! I can make a mean cup of tea and hand around garibaldis if necessary.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New MTB Access Group Charnwood MTB’ is closed to new replies.