Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New Motorbike Day!
  • tootallpaul

Passed Mod 2 on Friday, picking up my Street Triple later today.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UrzZ6L]IMG_20170612_170159001_HDR[/url] by Paul Stanley, on Flickr

Very excited…

tootallpaul

Bug eyed…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V8Wsam]IMG_20170612_170206748_HDR[/url] by Paul Stanley, on Flickr

sam_underhill

YAY! Welcome to the Street triple club.

Now you just need to track down some arrows slip-ons.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cool, take it easy and always think everyone is out to kill me.

hooli

Nice, enjoy.

Forecast looks good for next week or so too, I predict lots of miles and smiles.

bazzer
    Free Member

It won’t disappoint, I loved mine.

Have fun 🙂

benp1

Nice bike. I had the round eye Street Triple R. I was really disappointed when they changed the lights to the current shape, but all these years later the new/current shape has grown on me.

Round lights still look the best though. Congrats

weeksy

Woo hoo… top top choice !

kayak23

Gurt lush.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Excellent, looks great, have fun, I’m sure you will. Definitely prefer the round lights to the later shape. Great first bike, and it will just get better and better as you improve!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

More Triple love here. 2008 round lights with Arrow lowboy, lower fairing, peg delete and triumph low screen. Love it!

tootallpaul

Cheers all! Must admit to being a tad nervous about the first ride.

Due to insurance restrictions I could only test ride around the storage unit- felt great though.

Cannot wait…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’ll pull great up until 6000rpm, once it goes over that hold on tight until the blue lights on the dash light up!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Just watch out if the blue lights in your mirrors light up 😀

tootallpaul

Taxed, insured. All good to go.

Oh boy. Insurance was a lot more expensive than the 125. 😯

failedengineer

Fab bike, good choice. Fantastic engine. More fun than a Speed Triple, IMHO. I’d chop my Tiger in for one if I didn’t take a pillion occasionally.

tootallpaul

Thanks all. Feel like my choice is a good one…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Oh boy. Insurance was a lot more expensive than the 125.

Really? How old are you? Mine is £187 for the year at 40yo with 1 year no claims.

tootallpaul

49 year old, 560 fully comp, 9000 miles a year, no garage. One month shy of a years no claims.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ah, commuting use? Mine was SDP only so I bet that’s where the difference lies.

allthegear
    Free Member

My S1000XR is 440 with 6000 personal + 6000 business. Also, I insure it without any declared security devices, even though I use them. Just in case that one time I don’t…

Rachel

mboy
    Free Member

Keep eyeing up Speed Triple 1050’s every time I see one, look rather nice! ALWAYS got huge chicken strips on them and ridden VERY slowly though I find… Maybe I’m just generalising!

Nice bike, enjoy it now you’ve passed your test.

Woke up early yesterday (monday is my day off), fancied a cooked breakfast. Ended up doing the A44 from Worcester to Aber, was there by 9:45am having a coffee, a stroll, full fry up, then turned round and came back (via Nanty for some pics). My VFR800 probably the best bike I can think of for spontaneous trips like that, comfy enough for decent miles in a day, big tank range, quick enough and handles well enough to embarrass some seriously sporty bikes, and it’s dirt cheap to run!

tootallpaul

First commute this morning. Got to work 30 minutes quicker than on the 125.

First time on the A3.

Mboy- I’m definitely one of those slow riders you see…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Really? How old are you? Mine is £187 for the year at 40yo with 1 year no claims.

I run a couple of ‘classic’ bikes 85 FZ750 & 86 XT600 & I’m paying £125 55yo,
    bikes garaged, no claims go back to the late seventies!..
    I love the sound the 675 triples make in the supersport races & I’m thinking of adding something from the 21st century to the fleet.
    Time to book a demo ride 😆

wilko1999
    Free Member

Love Triumphs and have had a few Speed Triples and a Daytona in the past. Right now, If I had the money I’d get a Thruxton R

benp1

I went for a test ride on a STR and put a deposit down right then. Came home and tried to get insured – they wouldn’t even insure me unless it was garaged!

Thankfully I have one, had to clear it out a bit, my previous bike was kept on the drive

Still, was cheaper to insure than my fireblade!

mboy
    Free Member

First commute this morning. Got to work 30 minutes quicker than on the 125.

How effing long is your commute if you managed it 30mins quicker on a 675 instead of a 125? A 125 is capable of doing what, maybe 60-65mph flat out, which is still faster than most cars are travelling most of the time!

I knocked 30mins off my previous fastest time from Worcester to Aberystwyth on Monday morning. Previous time was in a 90bhp Passat Tdi, on a busy Sunday, with very little in the way of overtaking opportunities. On Monday I had little traffic, 20bhp more and 1400kg less, and was overtaking things like they were going out of fashion (and I’ll admit in places, my speed might have accidentally crept above the NSL)… That’s almost 100 miles of A44, from 2hr45 down to 2hr15…

Do you live in London and work in Edinburgh?!?!

Hats off though… Sounds like you’re having fun on it! 😀

robbo167
    Free Member

Nice bike!…..What are you doing with the baby dragstar now?…I fix a few of these and I was asked today if I knew of one for sale(I have one but its too dear for him)..he hates e-bay!

sharkboy
    Free Member

Nice bike matey, hope you enjoy every mile, always liked the triumph triples.

Been a biker for a longtime but started losing interest last year.
    Cured that by buying a zx10r and I am in love again, going to Oulton next week for a track day.

Cant wait.

tootallpaul

Mboy- my 125 was a baby Dragstar. Flat out it could reach 50 so I wasn’t happy taking the A3 to work. That’s how I cut so much time out of the commute…

tootallpaul

Robbo17, afraid the baby Dragstar went on Monday to fund the triple…

45 minutes into work today.

I like this bike…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Cool, nice looking bike, enjoy! And well done on getting your big bike licence 🙂

I’m a year in on my CBT and will begin the process of upgrading my licence in the next month or so.

Weekend weather looks great so I’ve a few trips planned out on my trusty Honda CB125F…not quite a Street Triple but great fun nevertheless!

failedengineer

I should have added that the Tiger is my 7th Hinckley Triumph. You might say I’m a fan! Favourite was probably an ’03 955 Speed Triple. I’d love a new Street, though.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New Motorbike Day!’ is closed to new replies.