Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New (motor) bike day
  • kayak23

1982 Gsx400f.
    Got an eBay bargain on this very original 4-cylinder classic.

Not had a bike since my 1974 Z900 which I had to let go in about 2004 😯

Valve/tyre logo alignment/state of my garden is shocking, but the bike is mint 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U5iisK]Untitled[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U2rEE7]Untitled[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

Just got to get it running sweet now. It’s reluctant to start again when it’s hot, but otherwise it seems pretty good considering its age.
    (Anyone got any tips why?)

Ultimately I’d like to build a street tracker type thing but reckon I might feel a bit bad seeing as how original the bike has been kept.

Anyone else got an antique?

Cougar

It’s reluctant to start again when it’s hot, but otherwise it seems pretty good considering its age.
    (Anyone got any tips why?)

Automatic choke on the wonk (or 35-year old technology)?

kayak23

Automatic choke

Woah there with your fancy tech! It’s got a little lever which one pulls up or down 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just out of curiosity I had a look on ebay at NC35’s, the NC30’s less popular slightly younger brother.

WTF? When did they jump from from being a cheap laugh to £7k?

smokey_jo

Cracked carb inlet rubbers – they perish with age and as they get hot the cracks can widen could be a place to start. Varnish or much in the float chambers and jets if it’s been idle for a while.

Stale fuel?

Didin’t Suzuki 4’s of that era have regulator/rectifier issues or was that just the gs750?

anagallis_arvensis

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Here’s one of mine. 1985 XT600

I’ve also got 1 1/2 of these

Cougar

Woah there with your fancy tech! It’s got a little lever which one pulls up or down

Right. Don’t use it then. (-:

mboy
    Free Member

WTF? When did they jump from from being a cheap laugh to £7k?

Ouch! Really?

Bought mine (a 94M plate) in 2001 for £3000, sold it a year later for £2800 so was quite pleased at that at the time. £7k is bonkers! Mind you… The bike that replaced it (I still have it too) was a 748SP. That was bought for £5400, prices dropped down to about £2k at their lowest. Now people are asking £7k for ropey Biposto’s and mint 748R’s are commanding almost £12k!!!

The motorbike market has gone mad cos just picked up a VGC 99V VFR800 for just over £1400, pocket change, one hell of a motorbike for that money anyway!

jonm81

Automatic choke

What a luxury. Try having a manual spark advance and retard lever!

Cougar

Our moderation toolbox needs one of those.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New (motor) bike day’ is closed to new replies.