Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Monarch RT3 started wheezing. Will i die?
  • p7rich
    Free Member

Brand new. Few weeks old. Ridden 110 miles on it in all conditions. Bought on a Mega TR frame. It was silent as far as i recall…until recently. It’s stated ‘wheezing’ as it cycles. Can’t think of a better way to describe it – like the sound of air rushing. Still seems to perform fine, but haven’t really ‘stressed’ it much since the noise started.

Will i die? Plan to contact CRC about it but Off to Alps in a few weeks and suspect, whatever the proposed solution is, it won’t be remedied until after i get back.

Have you had a similar experience? Any idea if it’ll be OK/safe to keeping running it?? ❓ ❓

deanfbm
    Free Member

Mine did it due to the air/oil chambers in the damper mixing, sorted with a rebuild and bleed. Found the cuplrit to be the schrader valve for the ifp chamber being bent internally dumping out all pressure.

Obviously didnt get a perfect bleed since the wheezing started again a couple of months down the line.

Stripped it to rebuild it to find the inside of the air can scored to buggery.

Haven’t had the best of luck with it.

Yours will be either dry, crusty air seals or the air/oil mixing in the damper.

p7rich
    Free Member

Cheers Dean. Sounds like a remedy might be straightforward. Helpful to know in case CRC fanny about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Monarch RT3 started wheezing. Will i die?’ is closed to new replies.