Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • new model Horsethief owners (split pivot)- shock question
  • JHannibalSmith
    Free Member

Hello,

I’ve recently built up a 2014 horsethief 2 and when riding I don’t notice that much difference between C-T and -D on the Fox performance boost valve shock. In Climb it is still pretty soft, nothing like the near lockout on the Fox forks I have.

I’ve spoken to Mojo and given them the custom tune code (CLXP)which is apparently a “light tune” – so it may well be performing correctly.

Can anyone confirm or dis-confirm if this is the way it is supposed to perform on this particular bike and tune?

Much obliged

u02sgb
    Free Member

Bump – as i’ve a Trance 29er that doesn’t seem to change a lot as the RP23 switch is moved. Never figured out if it’s normal. Previously had an Anthem 26er that was a noticeably on/off rear shock switch but it wasn’t CTD.

GregMay
    Free Member

Try some more pressure, I had the same issue with my Spearfish. Just took some time to figure it out. Remember, base the sag on you in ALL your riding kit, not your ideal summers day kit.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Not sure about the Horsethief but I’ve even swapped the internal volume reducer for a larger one in my Trance. It made the spring feel better for me but it didn’t change how effective the CTD lever was.

I was expecting the “Climb” to pretty much be a lockout (as it was on my Anthem) but it still seems to be quite active.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Shock settings dont seem to make much difference to my 26er Turner Flux either, which is another DW design. Maybe he specifies a tune that doesn’t lock as out he deems his designs don’t really need it?

u02sgb
    Free Member

Think the Anthem and Trance are meant to be pretty much “DW copies”, although not tried a real one to tell. Anthem’s meant to be racier though so I’d expect it to be firmer. Never quite got to the bottom of if it was normal or not.

JHannibalSmith
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s functioning correctly. Climbs well, even fully open, so quite plausible the climb mode has been tuned this way. Mojo do a custom tune for £40 but I don’t think I’ll bother.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘new model Horsethief owners (split pivot)- shock question’ is closed to new replies.