Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Mobile – iphone SE no reception!!
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

Just bought a new 5SE on EE from mobiles .co.uk.

I still have my old Samsung S4 on the remainder of my old contract, this works fine at my place of work and home. The new iphone SE however does not connect to the EE mobile network at either place. I assume the internal aerial is inferior to the old S4?

Do I have any chance of getting a different phone out of Mobiles.co.uk (the phone is 24 hours old) any suggestions on how to approach this, as we are in a “marginal” area for coverage. Otherwise looks like I’m stuck with a useless 24 month contract FFS!

CraigW
    Free Member

You have the right to cancel the contract within the “cooling-off period”, ie within 14 days.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Could be a faulty phone, send it back.

First, you might try and select Network=Manual and see if that picks up EE

spooky_b329

Does it get an EE signal at all, anywhere?

If its just lack of data, you might need to enter/change the APN settings, sometimes you can get the settings sent as an SMS from EE, but you can also google them and enter them manually (at least on Android you can).

My phone was unlocked and needed the APN settings changing to EE, it also needs them re-entering after a factory reset.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Are you sure they’ve activated the sim yet?
    If you’re still using the old one quite possibly not.

peteimpreza

Changed my contract with O2 recently and they insisted I had to have a new SIM .

SIM duly arrived and did not work .

O2 had by default set it to work with a Blackberry only !! WTAF .

A call to customer services had this changed so it would work with an iPhone .

Mind bogglingly stupid default by O2 especially as I have never owned a Blackberry whilst a customer with them or anyone else .

FFS who has a Blackberry these days ?

cyclelife
    Free Member

Have had the odd connection for a brief time, yes the Sim is activated.
    Will arrange for a replacement phone first, then a new contract/phone if that doesn’t work!
    Ta everyone

cyclelife
    Free Member

Update: forgot to mention, the SE came with IOS 9xxx installed but updated to 10.0.0 Have just reset to factory settings and now IOS 10.0.2 has downloaded and all appears to be working!!

After Googling this, mine is not the only one that didn’t like the update!

Will report back if any issues appear.

Thanks again.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Just started to play up again, same problem! was showing it was connected to EE (3 dots) then dropped a bar every few secs until no signal.

oink1
    Free Member

Give EE a call and see what gives? 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Mobile – iphone SE no reception!!’ is closed to new replies.