Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Mobile Advise….
  • Kwacker9
    Free Member

Hi all,

My contract is up & time for an upgrade – possibilites are endless, anyone got thoughts on the latest & greatest mobiles, advise/recommendations appreciated

one offer on the table iswith O2 (my currentprovider) for a iphone 3gs 16GB for £87 on a £35mth contract, but Orange is doing the same deal from 10/11/09.

cheers

Ben

mieszko
    Free Member

I thought that for 35 a month You would get any phone for free. Anyway You can always switch to O2 simplicity rolling contract and wait a month to get the one from Orange than transfer Your number.

I got my brother a HTC Hero as his xmas present (but got his Nokia E71 and some cash my way as I do love him but not keen on spending that much ;-)). Thing is I was able to upgrade but any HTC Hero deals (similar contract price to a contract with an iPhone) were for around 35 and a 24 month contract. Not keen on being stuck in one deal for 24 months so I changed to O2 simplicity for 15/month and just got a new HTC Hero off eBay and it did cost me around 120 less than total what I would spend during the contract and I wouldn't use all the text and minutes they are giving in those contracts. Depending on how much minutes/text/internet You're using You can check whether switching to a cheaper sim only deal and getting the phone separate wouldn't be cheaper in the long run. Or get on a rolling contract and wait until Christmas or just after Christmas for some nice deals.

I had a go on this HTC Hero and it all looks very nice, iPhone was fun to use as I had a go on my friends one also tried a Nokia 5800 but it was just too big (again I'm only writing about my frist impressions after trying the phones out for 5-15mins)

Also nice Android running mobile is a Samsung Galaxy.

Kwacker9
    Free Member

Cheers mieszko,

very helpful – as you said maybe worth waiting see what the deal are like.

Ben.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Mobile Advise….’ is closed to new replies.