Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Mills
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Dropping the Mrs off to do some work tomorrow with her mam in new mills, I’m taking the bike and going for a 2 hour blast. Any very simple tips on routes? I’ve been up lane side before, just wondering if there’s any easy to follow routes, it’s a stunning place, must be some routes I’m missing.

markshires
    Free Member

Have a look at the evans ride it peak event from earlier in the year that started in New Mills, it should give you some ideas.

Yak

Laneside, R at track crossroads, then traverse round on the high level track, turn L to the top of lantern pike, take R to Peap-o-Day Farm, cross over the Hayfield Road and continue straight. Descend White Lady/ Coldwell Clough, into Hayfield, cross river at the first footbridge, L on road, then R climb past 20 trees onto Middle Moor. Turn L at the Shooting Cabins and descend to the Glossop Rd. L on the road then first R onto a small Road. Climb then L through farm and track, then field to Lantern Pike. Descend the other side back to New Mills.

That’s the rough idea anyway. 🙂

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I went up laneside and right, didn’t have time tongi into hayfield so tinkered round lantern pike and down that brilliant techy downhill back to laneside. Gorgeous up
    There today.

Yak

Yeah – great spot up there. Has anyone told you about Cracken Edge? There’s definitely no riding there, nothing…..

spacey

I met the cracken for the first time last week 😀

…..agree nothing to ride there…..nope nothing….. 🙄

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

No? Sounds fun.

Please indulge!

spacey

Basically do the new allotments climb up chinley churn instead of going left and following the line of the wall head straight up til you meet the ridge. Drop of the ridge, switchback towards the quarry. Lots of fun. We found it on strava it’s all labelled there, cheeky though.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m not sure where you mean, is that up lane side?

spacey

Here’s my strava map from last week, it’s all on there strava linky

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers mate!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Ah! I know Beard Crescent, that’s where the inlaws live, good place to dump the car.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I heard Chinley churn passing under the big stone and the kraken was a permissive bridleway at least thats what I told the rambler. Cracking bridleway it has to be said. Almost looks like a trail builders been busy lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Mills’ is closed to new replies.