Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Magura Durin 120's setup issuesseem similar to Thors… anyone able to help.
  • Gnnr

So I fitted my new Magura Durin 120 FCR fork, and I'm having trouble with the setup.
    I weigh 15stone and have put in tad more air than suggested on the recommended chart. I have equalized the two air chambers with the FCR remote when priming the air spring.

The fork still seems really too linear and dive prone. I've heard from Joolsburger that you can add a little oil to the top spring. Does anyone know if this works for the FCR model? Any advice on the setup. They seem similar to the Thor model. Cheers,G

poppa
    Free Member

Try the forums on the Magura website – you will get an answer within 24hrs usually.

You can add oil to some Magura forks to make them more progressive, but apparently it's not permanent as the oil will eventually trickle somewhere else(?) – ask on the forum!

Make sure you are compressing the forks every now and then when you pump them up and aim for ~25% sag when you are off the saddle in 'attack' mode. I wouldn't worry what air pressure you are running as long as it's not beyond the maximum warrantied for the fork.

Magura forks tend to be very linear, and they will probably always dive a little when braking unless you pump them rock hard.

Gnnr

I think I heard that as well.
    The oil will eventually end up in the other (lower) air chamber and cause even more dive?

I guess its over to the Magura forum with this one.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I'm bigger than you and they don't dive on me well not much all forks dive a bit when you brake. Stick in 5 more psi as a start. Also dial out the rebound a bit. Call Magura they are really helpful.

The oil will migrate eventually I expect. At which point a quick 10 minute lube service will sort.

Coasting
    Free Member

Ive found they need more than the recommended pressure and initially seem a bit on the hard side but work well on the trail.Also a couple of pounds pressure can b the difference btween a good and a bad setup

joolsburger
    Free Member

Set the sag standing on the pedals that's a better bet.

Gnnr

Ok, I've upped the pressure. Ive had a wee look under the FCR cap and can see the 20mm socket at the top of the air chamber. If I want to add oil is just a case of:

de-pressurise, unscrew, add oil, redo 20mm socket and reinflate?

Will the FCR gubbins not get in the way? I guess I don't want to FUBAR a brand new set of forks, so a little wary. Jools, do your set of forks have the travel adjust?

joolsburger
    Free Member

nope I like simple best phone magura!!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The general consensus is that the Magura suggested pressures are all well under what they should be. I'd ignore them and just go by 25% sag as has been suggested. Does the Durin not have Albert Select?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Magura Durin 120's setup issuesseem similar to Thors… anyone able to help.’ is closed to new replies.