Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New MagicShine light MJ-872 – has this been done?
  • AlexSimon

Did a search for all sorts of terms, but couldn’t see mention of this.
    Probably because it’s summer!

Magicshine MJ-872

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-872-waterproof-4-cree-xp-g-4-mode-1600-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-80953

4 x XP-G
    Looks very floody
    Quite expensive at £90ish
    Better looking pouch
    Same looking battery (although better sealed)
    Same o-ring mount
    Better modes and mode-access

Stripdown / beamshots/ analysis here:
    http://www.light-test.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103
    1250 lumens roughly

fbk
    Free Member

Looks pretty good. And now’s probably the time to order one if you want it for the winter 🙂

AlexSimon

Indeed. It’s about 10 days at the moment. Come September, then it takes 10 weeks!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Does anyone happen to know if they use the same connectors as Dinotte? My front lights getting a bit old but i’d still like to run the rear one, plus the batteries are all old.

z1ppy

fbk – Member
    Looks pretty good. And now’s probably the time to order one if you want it for the winter

AlexSimon – Member
    Indeed. It’s about 10 days at the moment. Come September, then it takes 10 weeks!

Aye winter sneaks up on us obviously, it’s not like it happen every year………
    Was no one in the boy scouts?

montylikesbeer

looks like a great deal

PaulD
    Free Member

Alex,

This looks a better deal….

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SSC-P7-1200Lm-LED-Bicycle-bike-Light-HeadLight-headLamp-/120720026493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1b796b7d

I have 2 early DX ‘900-lumen’ units and all still work.
    I did seal each battery inside 2 nitrile gloves tied with small cable-ties and they have remained dry and fully functional.

PaulD

AlexSimon

PaulD – I can’t see where the extra lumens are coming from in that ebay unit. Still a P7 W724CO – same as the original DX Bastid. I think they’ve just picked a higher number to grab attention.
    Obviously cheap though as long as it arrives at that price.

csb

PaulD, thanks for the link, I got one. Arrived in less than a week. No instructions though.

Two questions:

1. What is the best way to charge the battery and for how long first of all, then how long for future charges? There seems to be a light on the transformer plug, is that the charge indicator?

2. It’s got what I think is an American plug on it. Do others simply use a travel plug converter?

PaulD
    Free Member

csb,

My 2 bastids have slightly different chargers.
    I just plug them in and leave until the charger red light goes out, but not more than 3 hours from very nearly flat (when the lamp led shows red for final 30 minutes).
    I just used a US-UK adapter brick for the supplied chargers.

PaulD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New MagicShine light MJ-872 – has this been done?’ is closed to new replies.