Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New magic pill idea for weight loss!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seaweed could be the secret ingredient to losing weight, research has suggested.

Scientists at Newcastle University said a compound found in common seaweed would stop the body absorbing fat.

Tests showed that alginate, found in sea kelp, can suppress the digestion of fat in the gut.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26394577

Sounds much simpler than not putting the fat in there in the first place…

mrmoofo

alginate has been around for years …

wallop

Great, but it’s not eating fat that makes you fat.

stumpyjon

Wallop? High fat diets are not good for you, aside from all the clogging of arteries stuff starving the body of sugar results in muscle breakdown, can also end up diabetic very quickly. Apparently though high fat / high sugar diet is the worst combination, high fat or high sugar (both of which are far from healthy) can actually result in weight loss, combine them and you’re in deep do do.

slackalice
    Free Member

BITD, it was Ecstacy and 12 hours of solid dancing and exercise. Very few fat peeps at raves IIRC 😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

Only 12 hours of raving…. Amateur 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

😀

wallop

I didn’t say a high fat diet was good for you, I just get cheesed off with all this ‘fat is bad for you’ nonsense. We cannot survive without fat, and there is no such thing as ‘sugar-soluble vitamins’.

wallop

😆 slackalice

wiggles
    Free Member

Only just woke up and misread the title as “New magic pies idea for weight loss”

I had my dreams come true only to be shattered again 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We cannot survive without fat, and there is no such thing as ‘sugar-soluble vitamins’.

Very true but the quantity some people consume does cause problems…

loum
    Free Member

Scientists at Newcastle

Oxymoron? 😉

midlifecrashes

Say it out loud. Oi! Fat people, sea kelp!

slowoldman

“While they said this could help fight obesity, dieticians point out the best way to avoid absorbing too much fat is to cut the amount eaten in the first place”.

avdave2

Eating fat and not absorbing it equals “anal leakage” 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does it stop the absorption of good fats as well as bad ones or can it tell the difference? (although I’m guessing most people looking for a magic bullet can’t tell the difference.)

Garry_Lager

You can get effective blockers of fat absorption perscribed today – tetrahydrolipstatin was the original, there’s prob loads – been around for ages. Apparently the side-effects are unpleasant – you’ll shit through the eye of a needle at thirty paces.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New magic pill idea for weight loss!’ is closed to new replies.