Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • New Mad Max film????? -= Now with spoilers =-
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Reboots suck is my view.

Hollywood brain drain?

Saying that, the recent Batman movies reboots were awesome.

This movie better be awesome – shame they didn’t use Mel Gibson!

heckler73
    Free Member

Gibson was asked at the beginning and refused, then changed his mind half way through and was told to beat it,

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Gibson’s loss, Hardy’s gain.

Is Gibson playing Max? Off to IMDb…

binners

Well that was absolutely and completely bonkers!!! In an utterly brilliant way!!

Beautifully summed up by Mrs Binners as we walked out of the cinema…

“My brain is presently trying to decipher what the **** it is I’ve just made it watch!”

😀

soulwood
    Free Member

Witness me! Film influences game, game influences film? Borderlands anyone, psycho bandits? 2 hours of awesome blowing up car chasing fighting shooting and stuff. Definitely needs to be seen at the cinema to do it justice.

brakes
    Free Member

Awesome film. Simple, noisy, brutal, bonkers, disgusting, sexy and unrelentingly tense. There were audible sighs in the cinema about half way through after the mega-sand-storm stopped and people could relax for 10 seconds.
    Didn’t try to copy the original but captured a similar and familiar mood.
    I have a love/hate relationship with Charlize Theron but she shines in this film.
    How do they manage to remove half her arm though???

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

Next time I go biking I’m gonna huff chrome paint and scream ‘WITNESS ME’ before killing myself trying to do a jump

vondally
    Free Member

mads max far better than age of ultron, it is a mix of the old westerns/post nuclear world/car chase with a madness of style, dialogue has some gems. lots of commentary on the feminist aspect interesting view but lots about the need for masculinity to bond. It is witty but pulls back from some of the traditions of the genre to get a 15 cert, it is 15 mins too long but it is a blast.
    Tom Hardy is very different from Gibson THeron is excellent digital eraser used on the arm.
    recommended

teenrat

I loved it. I’d been looking forward to it for a while and it really didnt disappoint. A total assault on the senses!

I still dont get why they put a car on top of another car to make a car though.

Also,didnt realise the actor playing Immortan Joe was also the Toecutter in the first mad max film.

vondally
    Free Member

yes he was

one other thing that makes it stand out is the physicality of the stunts, yes there is some cgi and some bad refitting to 3d but it is that moment of that is a real person being flung around.
    Cinematography is outstanding

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘New Mad Max film????? -= Now with spoilers =-’ is closed to new replies.