Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • New Mad Max film????? -= Now with spoilers =-
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

Why’s everyone going on about all the “CGI”?

It’s mostly physical “old school” FX

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Charlize Theron?

I’m out.

brakes
    Free Member

yeah but Tom Hardy. come on. I’d endure anything, even Sigourney Weaver, to watch Tom Hardy.

wrecker
    Free Member

yeah but Tom Hardy. come on. I’d endure anything, even Sigourney Weaver, to watch Tom Hardy.

+1
    He’s ace.

Cougar

Looks good, but I’m getting a bit bored now of Yet Another Film Shot Entirely In Orange And Teal.

Cougar
    brakes
    Free Member

to be fair, it is set in a desert landscape, which is pretty much orange and blue.

jon1973
    Free Member

and what’s the point in a boring action film?

opium for the masses

wrecker
    Free Member

I see the aussies are butthurt about the whole thing.

rone

3D can piss right off.

brakes
    Free Member

butthurt

say what?

jimjam
    Free Member

He means ****ed in the ****.

augustuswindsock

A lot of the first one was shot near Geelong in vic, and there really is an ‘anarchy road’ although it’s spelt anakie!

DezB
    Free Member

No new ideas? rehash an old franchise!
    Can’t think of a decent story? EXPLOSIONS. Lots of explosions.
    Looks bloody stupid.

k-sugden
    Free Member

Turns off the BBC music awards and rummages in DVD box for Mad Max 2

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

Looks good, but I’m getting a bit bored now of Yet Another Film Shot Entirely In Orange And Teal.

Not disagreeing with the general principle, but you have seen australia before? The entire continent’s orange and teal

wrecker
    Free Member

ButtHurt
    An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the “aggressor.”

Northwind

Saw this on another forum…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pIX1u6Snjsg[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Forgot I’d posted that ^^^
    Looks bloody stupid.

Saw the “extended trailer” yesterday and my god it really does look stupid. 6 minute trailer had me bored silly.

wrecker
    Free Member

New one looks better and Hardy is a better actor than Gibson ever was.

mtbel
    Free Member

Acting NEVER came into how cool the first MAD MAX films were.

This new one will be shit but probably quite pretty and ultimately harmless since Thunderdome ruined MAD MAX already.

Northwind

I hated Thunderdome when I first watched it, but I watched it again just recently and loved it. Absolutely cracked, mind, and maybe works better if you forget it’s a mad max film but still.

Thought Gibson’s performances in the first 2 were perfect though… Kind of like Matt Damon in the Bourne films, the script said he had to look concussed and confused and he delivered.

mtbel
    Free Member

Yeah.. as a stand alone hollywood action movie thunderdome ticks all the boxes as will this new one no doubt.

Thunderdome just isn’t really in the same genre as the first two MAD MAX films. that’s all.

Drac

There’s more.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW1pqP_6wDc[/video]

showerman
    Free Member

just 2 hrs of lazy cgi rubbish. will not ruin my teenage memories sitting in the cinema with my mates wearing our crash helmets then riding home afterwards like mad things
    when they made paddington they got real bears to play the parts so it can be done.

molgrips
    Free Member

I liked the first one far more than the others.

Drac

just 2 hrs of lazy cgi rubbish.

The car scenes aren’t using CGI. 😆

wysiwyg
    Free Member
    Pigface
    Free Member

Thats promising from Rotten Tomatoes 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Saw it premiere on Channel4 at 21:00 last night, the post-apocalyptic scenes were very well done.

hatter

Hmmm, it does look good, now all I need is a rainy evening with no childcare commitments…

Better start negociations.

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone seen it yet? scores 9 on IMDB which is pretty good.

Colleague from work going tomorrow, will give it a few days to let the crowds die down a bit.

chomp
    Free Member

saw it last night

2 hours in total – about 1:45 of that involves cars being blown up

Basic plot is

Max gets caught
    Charlize does a runner in a tanker
    Car chase
    Car chase
    Chat
    Car chase
    Car chase
    Where are we going to go
    Car chase
    Car chase
    oh we’ve got to our destination
    Credits

all in all it’s pretty ace

chomp
    Free Member

forgot to add

‘BOOM’ in between each line

Pigface
    Free Member

Spoiler alert 😆

binners

We’re off to see it tomorrow. It looks bloody brilliant!!! It’s been ages since I’ve really looked forward to seeing something on the big screen. I notice the absense of any complicated sub-plots in chomps spoiler 😀

Northwind

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such positive reviews for a film I actually want to see.

rone

This is good cinema. Visceral, exciting and a great update to this sort of genre. Bay should watch this and take lessons in the craft of directing , editing and cinematography.

Surprisingly engaging plot which unravels to serve a satisfying climax. Wasn’t expecting how it was all going to pan out – especially as the masterstroke is to start in full on confusion.

Minor criticisms; some of the grading and compositing ( in terms of scenery) was so bonkers and a little unconvincing I started to yearn for a more naturalistic and consistent tone.

But as a whole to keep everything rattling along of what is effectively a chase film, this is very impressive as are the few quiet moments.

It’s also nice for once to know an update , reboot or sequel at least delivers despite the hype. You just need the talent.

CountZero

The bloke from Empire magazine was very enthusiastic about it on 6Music this morning, and generally speaking, if he likes a film, I know I will, the caveat being it has to be a subject I’m actually interested in seeing.
    This film was supposed to be made years ago, but 9/11, and the financial climate stopped it, so the director went and made a penguin movie instead! (Happy Feet). 😯
    As far as CGI goes, it’s pretty much all physical shots, things really fall down, go ‘BOOM!’, it’s completely nuts, and looks like an outstanding amount of fun!
    Looking forward to using my Meerkat Movies code in the near future. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘New Mad Max film????? -= Now with spoilers =-’ is closed to new replies.