Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New M675 SLX brakes..install?
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Just received delivery of my new M675 disc brakes. I noticed the calipers don’t come with the black mounts. Can I use the old mounts from my Juicys I’m guessing I can use the discs currently on aswell??

The calipers look like they have pads installed and a spacer in them, hydraulic pipe is fitted too, so am i to assume I just have to bolt the levers and calipers on the bike or is it any more complicated?

bails

You should be able to use the adaptors and discs. There might be some compatibility issues but you won’t know until you fit them.

kayak23

Yes you should be able to use your existing adaptors. The adaptors only need changing if you are changing the size of your discs generally.

Your brakes should pretty much just bolt on, although you need to make sure they are centred correctly. Sometimes, the rear brake hose can be too long and need cutting. If you’re not sure about it, get a shop to do it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Basic Instructions here
    It will depend on which adaptors you have and which rotors, put it all together and see if the rotor sits in the right place.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

How long did yours take for delivery? Mines taking its time!

theblackmount
    Free Member

I found I need to shim the rear mount up by 1mm. I am using Avid clean sweeps however, and not Shimano. Check the brake pads aren’t sitting off the main braking surface on the disc.

Superb brakes btw.

benjii19
    Free Member

Next issue…. I’ve got avid 185 discs. The rear mounts ok I think. However the front didn’t mount due to screws being too short that came with the shimano caliper. I’ve tried using the screws from the avids with the dome and cup spacers. I’m not sure this is a good thing so enlighten me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New M675 SLX brakes..install?’ is closed to new replies.