Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New lyriks/Pikes?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone tried them yet? Any real difference over the older ones? Doing a new build and wondering if its worth spending the extra £100ish quid for the newer ones?

d3carbon
    Free Member

I think the new ones are boost only.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Yeah i saw that, but as I would be going up from a 26er to a 27.5 ill need new wheels anyway, so could get boost compatible front wheel, doesnt look to make the wheels much more expensive.

milfordvet
    Free Member

I’ve got a question….’scuse my ignorance.

Can the 26″ Lyrik RC2 DH solo air be shortened like the Pike, with a £30 change in air shafts or is it completely different?

…because I’ve seen the Lyrik 170mm RC2 DH 20×110 with its Mission control damper for £299 at Bike24, and appartently 140 is best for a 456.

Regards
    Ed

singlespeedstu

I have an old 26″ Lyrik RC2DH and shortened it to 150.
    No need for a new air shaft you just fit the old style clip on spacers to the shaft you already have.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d get the new one for the greater tyre/mud clearance – that alone would be worth it for me!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I have the new 27.5 boost lyrik 170 rct3 solo air, not really noticed much difference to my old 27.5 non-boost pike 150 rct dual air, bit stiffer but both are great… pikes for sale soon…

jakehinton
    Free Member

The pikes to be fair would be fine for me. It just seems like the Lyriks sound like better forks at a small weight (and price) penalty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New lyriks/Pikes?’ is closed to new replies.