Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New log book! Anyone else had one?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Can’t quite believe it but the dvla are apparently sending a new log book for every registered car, all due to some of the old (blank) blue ones being stolen. Suppose the costs will be added on to our little round discs sometime in the next 12 months!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Damn it! I just paid £25 to replace my lost one!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gutted!! Apparently its gonna take them a year to complete. To be fair tho there is rather a lot of cars out there, also makes me wonder how many folk aren’t gonna get the new log book because it’ll be sent to their old address etc!!

hels
    Free Member

Que ?? Log Book wtf is that ? Is that the same as the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll be the one smart arse 😉

hels
    Free Member

Well I did worry that I had lost a vital document through pure ignorance of it’s existence.

Off to take a hansom cab now now down some “dual carriageway”.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Funnily enough in the accompanying letter the dvla also refer to it as a “log book,” silly them!

Shakey
    Free Member

The DVLA are sending me a new V5 as for some reason Citroen registered my new van with 5 seats instead of two. The want the old one back so not sure what they think I am going to do with it!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That’ll be so normal folk, as well as pedants, know exactly what’s what.

hels
    Free Member

I’ve never heard it called a log book. For a start, it’s not a book, and you don’t write regular entries in it. Or maybe some of you do ?

“Driver’s Log, 10th October 2011. Had a nice drive to work today. It was a bit rainy, but only held up for two minutes at the A756 junction with the Rowntree circular. £27.56 on petrol.”

uplink
    Free Member
    philconsequence
    Free Member

everyone down here seems to call it a log book.

not keen on the new addition of red on the front cover! spent more minutes of my life than i was willing to let the DVLA steal explaining that it wasnt some kinda warning document to mrsconsequence when she bought a second hand car recently!

phiiiiil

also makes me wonder how many folk aren’t gonna get the new log book because it’ll be sent to their old address etc!!

…in that case in about a year’s time they can start fining anyone who tries to use an old one because you are legally required to keep your V5 up to date…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New log book! Anyone else had one?’ is closed to new replies.