Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Liteville build
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

So here it is after much time spent waiting for the forks.

It’s my first ever build and it hasn’t gone completely smoothly but I’m pleased.

Feel free to hammer the photography (it’s very sunny and there s plenty of glare on the lens).

Apologies in advance for the state of the fence, grass and any issues with levelness (?) of pedals and alignment of valve stems and logos.

So there we go. Bring on the Alps.

pymwymis
    Free Member

OK so why arent the photos uploading ?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Can’t view the pics

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have you posted them as links to photo-hosting site?

pymwymis
    Free Member

Patriot pro yes I have.

pymwymis
    Free Member

pymwymis
    Free Member

Well this is annoying………..

danielgroves
    Free Member

You missed the : in http://. Also, only one is a public photo.

036 by robmcarney, on Flickr

robhughes
    Free Member

Loving the gun.What’s it for.Shooting 29 riders. 😀

pymwymis
    Free Member

OK they’re now all public but still no joy.

danielgroves – how did you do that ?

pymwymis
    Free Member

robhughes, at this rate I may just use it on myself.

How can posting a couple of photo’s be such a PITA ?

Mugboo

🙂 I understand your pain, I hate computers!

amplebrew

There you go 8)

Nice bike.

038 by robmcarney, on Flickr

037 by robmcarney, on Flickr

036 by robmcarney, on Flickr

Crell
    Free Member

You’ve already picked holes in your own photography skills so I won’t bother.

Nice bike, though I would say that because I’ve bought one as well. What were the problems you had as I’m waiting for my bits to arrive.

Is it a 140 or a 160?

Is that a reverb stealth? did you get a 34.9 one (if so where from / how much) or have you shimmed it?

Thanks.

danielgroves
    Free Member

danielgroves – how did you do that ?

In the bottom right of each picture there is a little white share icon. Goes pink when you click it. You want to get the BB embed code.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Amplebrew, many thanks for that – what did you do ?

Crell, most of the time I just ended up redoing things cos I second guessed myself incorrectly (routing for rear derailleur being one – it does go inside the rock guard !

Direct mount derailleur – when in small front chainring the chain touches the bottom of the front derailleur when in the lowest 4 cogs on the rear. Thought I’d have to rotate the derailleur off level to cure. In fact sag takes care of it when sat on the bike.

Shortening the stealth hose is a PITA.

The bike is 160. Stealth reverb from Hi Ike in Germany in 34.9 flavour .

Opted to go SRAM but the frame came with XT clutch rear derailleur and the relevant rock guard (just in case you’re interested).

I may go for the triple cable clamps on the down tube as I have the stealth outer to deal with – at the mo it’s just cable tied to the rear brake outer. The clamps are £30 or so which is a bit steep, but then so is everything g Liteville or Syntace !!

pymwymis
    Free Member

Danielgroves, thanks for that mate – should be a sticky so that all the other incompetents can see the solution.

amplebrew

No probs, that’s cool.

I just did what Danielgroves did 🙂

goyawave
    Free Member

Nice ride. I am looking to upgrade to a Liteville and in the meantime I have ordered a set of Sweeps myself. The 26″ wheel on the Sweep doesn’t look as bad as I thought it might… How does it ride?

Also, when you do upgrade to 27.5″ wheels what tyre are you thinking of using on the rear?

pymwymis
    Free Member

Goyawave, the fork doesn’t look odd cos that front tyre is mahoosive. It’s a 2.35 Bonty XR4 I reckon it will be a close fit when I get the bigger front wheel. It sizes up like a 2.5.

I have. 2.2 on the back and there’s not masses of room so that will definitely be close but the XR4 is a very big tyre and there plenty out there which are smaller.

robhughes
    Free Member

Don’t know if it’s just me but isn’t photobucket a lot easier to use.
    Just click the (img)next to the image in your library once then stick it in your thread.
    I couldn’t be easier.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Liteville build’ is closed to new replies.