Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Lid – Urge Endur-o-matic… any good ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

I have finally decided to give up the current lid. Bit too old and wiffy !

Had a look round and I like the look (and other technical bits too) of the Urge Endur-o-Matic

Anyone got one and what do you think. Is the lack of vent holes an issue for big 50k rides ?

Cheers.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Got one. Love it!

Probably look a div with it on but then I probably look like a div without one too!!

djc1245
    Free Member

Had one for a couple of months now. No noticeable difference than a normal lid. On a hot day you still get hot just the same as conventional lids. Less chance of bugs getting in, although, you always seem to get an itch where you can’t get at it. It is very light and comfortable.
    Overall, i think it’s very good

DezB
    Free Member

It’s one of those new, trendy designed to look like a moto-x lid, isn’t it? I don’t believe for a second they are no hotter than a normal MTB helmet!

jimbo1983
    Free Member

I have one and can honestly say i noticed no real difference between that and my previous specialized helmet. love it

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I looked at one, but it didn’t fit my head properly. Plus I looked like a pillock in it.

I just bought a discounted Xar to replace my aging Zen. Also looked at the Fox Striker & POC Trabec for comparisons sake.

bullroar
    Free Member

I have had once for about 6 months and can’t fault it. It is no hotter or colder than any other helmet I have worn. It is (perhaps) surprisingly light and comfortable, I wore mine on an 65km all day ride in the Cairngorm recently and it stayed on my head throughout except for food stops. I quite like the fact it comes quite low on the back of the head compared to traditional helmets.

kayak23

I found the fit very odd in all sizes , there are no ‘cinch’ bands so it either fits or doesn’t. …..it didn’t.

As mentioned it weighs nothing, so if it fits you its a good buy I’d say (apart from looking like a Lego figure)

bam74
    Free Member

Very light but I find that it does get a bit hot and sweaty, although the gangsta pad does a good job of soaking it up. Definetely try one before you buy though as the sizing is a bit odd.

lungman

I have mine for 9 month or so. Really light and comfy, fits well and there’s no movement at all. I recon they look good and I like the increased protection at the back. But they are HOT so drink more ;-). Recently tryed the trabec as likes the idea of the mips system but on my head it looked just ridiculous, even more than any helmet does, seemed to be really bulky and sat high up.

bullroar
    Free Member

On the matter of fit, mine came with pads of different thickness to help with the fit. Worth experimenting with these when trying it on and before parting with the cash.

kayak23

They have a new one out too called the all mountain. It looks better vented. I believe the enduromatic has been updated with more vents too .
    urge

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket has the Sabrina Jonnier rep and hasn’t commented on it being hot but then again she doesn’t sweat much

Like all helmets without a retention system it either fits or it doesn’t. You really need to try one on the sizing is on the small side and for people with round heads.

Do not talk yourself into making it fit you will regret it

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’ve got one. It replaced a Giro Xen. The Urge fits me really well and is the comfiest helmet I’ve had. It might be a tiny bit hotter when you are moving really slowly, i.e if you need to push or carry at any point, but once you are moving at all it ventilates amazingly well and is just as cool as the Giro.

DezB
    Free Member

I believe the enduromatic has been updated with more vents too .

😆 Why’s that?

dantsw13

I am a sweaty git, and got one for my Alps trip this year – no sweaty dribbles in my eyes at all!!. I have a big head – the large size with the smallest pads works really well. The helmet hugs the head, and holds position for headcam/headlight really well.

I got a really cheap deal on the Sabine Jonnier (sp?) women’s version. I covered the silly balloon d
    Graphics with black heli tape, and now I have an all black stealth version!!

Buy online, if it doesn’t fit, send it back!!

It does also give significantly better coverage on the back of the head than my old helmet, and is very light!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I looked at them, but found the sizing a bit weird for my head..

Bought a Giro Feature instead..

proberts
    Free Member

Had one, it fitted like a glove but cooked my brain so sold it…have recently got a Met Koas UL from cycle surgery in the sale for £60, it’s much better!!

nmdbase
    Free Member

Nice lids, gutted that it didn’t fit my noggin 🙁 It’s the only one I have found that doesn’t make me look like a mushroom.

grum
    Free Member

The frontal pad features a very simple and unique innovation: the «Gangsta pad»

😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stocked by my LBS (Nirvana in Wescott) and very popular. I tried one on, fitted well and very light, good coverage of head especially at the back. I did think it might be hot due to lack of vents, In the end I bought a POC because I just wanted it more 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

proberts – Member
    Had one, it fitted like a glove but cooked my brain so sold it…have recently got a Met Koas UL from cycle surgery in the sale for £60, it’s much better!!

Plus one for the Kaos, haven’t tried an Urge so can’t compare but the AM looks good.

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice chaps & chapesses !

Been up to Leisure Lakes to try before I buy and bought for a nice discounted price (£69.99). I have to say that it is the most comfortable lid I have ever tried. I tried a few others while I was there and there was no comparrison.

Couple of trivial bonuses… the grey middle section is the same colour as my car and it matches my uniform…..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Lid – Urge Endur-o-matic… any good ?’ is closed to new replies.