• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Moe.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New lid for the boy
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My boy will be 5 in March and he is still on his first helmet. It has a picture of a crocodile on it and its getting a little snug.
    He has now started school and has since requested a helmet without pictures on. I guess the cool kids at school don’t have the crocodile helmet.

What are your kids wearing? Any recommendations? He has a 52 cm head size.

pictonroad

Bought a Specialized shuffle youth for our 5 yr old and I’m very impressed. light, fits well, great ratchet retention and looks like a proper grown up helmet.

The chinstrap is a magnetic buckle which he can operate, I’d buy it for this alone.

I’ll be getting another, couple of other parents have bought one after trying this one.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks picton. I have seen these in an online shop and agree that they look the part but the size guide didn’t match the sizing description to order.

We have a Spesh dealer in town. May take a lunchtime jolly to see what they have in store.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bell do a great range of kids helmets. Especially the Sidetrack.

danradyr1
    Free Member

Just bought a Diamond Back for my 4yr old. 51-55cm. Looks good and we’ll see if it’s a good fit on Christmas Day!

akira

Specialized shuffle, well made and the magnetic buckle is awesome, they use the same buckle on their top end tri helmet.

stevied
    Free Member

Got my daughter a Bell Sidetrack in the summer. Really well made, looks great and she loves wearing it as she thinks it is cool 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks all,

I picked up the Specialized Shuffle at lunch time. Love the magnetic clasp and the fact that it is high viz yellow.

kimbers

Bit late for OP but my son also loves his bell sidekick. Which I’d say is better made than my bell stoker !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Got my daughter a Bell Sidetrack in the summer. Really well made, looks great and she loves wearing it as she thinks it is cool

Snap! Different colour, though.

Moe

Had the rep in yesterday and the 2017 helmets from Bell and Giro look really nice with a good range of designs and plain finishes!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New lid for the boy’ is closed to new replies.