Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New Lemond Bikes
  • epicyclo

The only famous cyclist’s name I’d want on a bike is Obree.

Merak

Indeed a huge contrast between the lives/careers of Boardman and Obree post heyday.

It seems Obree despite being a revolutionary figure was unable to get that golden ticket for long term commercial success in the bike trade. Although going by the price he charged for his training manual, I doubt I could afford one of his bikes.

mrmo
    Free Member

stevestunts
    Free Member

oldgit – Chambery 1989! I watched that from the roadside. Watched the early part of the race from a point between the pits and the finish line, then walked up to the summit of the climb, in the biblical thunderstorm which struck midway through, to see the final laps.

An incredible experience which I will never forget. I can’t really put into words the atmosphere that day, it was a complete one-off.

messiah
    Free Member

*drool*

The new LeMond Site is open

*drool*

wwaswas

Having read his press release about the UCI presidency this morning I’d buy one of his bikes.

messiah
    Free Member

wwaswas

Having read his press release about the UCI presidency this morning I’d buy one of his bikes.

Yes to that… some hero’s don’t disappoint… Linky.

Macgyver

Cleaned up my old Lemond Tourmelet a few months back. Despite being a commuting hack for years (100 miles or more per week down the Old Kent Road – cycling Nirvana! 😉 ) it came up rather well. It had been sitting idle in the back of the shed but after the clean up I’m keeping it. Groupset is nothing fancy but I still like the skinny steel look on a road bike.

messiah
    Free Member

*drool*

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New Lemond Bikes’ is closed to new replies.