Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New laptop time advice please
  • karnali
    Free Member

We need a new or extra laptop, eldest goes to secondary school this year. Wife and I use it for run of the mill, Internet, word, excel etc. Want to get one that will do for kids use, some games and whatever secondary school It throws at them. Looking at around £300-£350,happy to buy refurbished if that offers better value. Ideally a 15inch screen or bigger.

Thanks

matt_outandabout

I would consider a Chrome book firstly.

If not, go on build quality of a Windows machine. We have one HP that is flexible plastic and just feels like it won’t last. The other HP was bought in a sale, box open, and is a MacBook pro copy, made out of a slab of aluminium and much, much better build quality of switches and keyboard.

I also bought all ours cheap, and added a £50 SSD to them (cheaper than buying one with SSD already installed by a long way). For £350-400 all ours have i3 (7th gen) or better with 8gb ram and SSD.

FuzzyWuzzy

New (normal) laptops at that price are mostly all the same spec. and choice would come down to screen/keyboard for me (e.g. glossy vs matt screen, key layout and travel) so best just to go to Currys, John Lewis etc. and try some (once you short list a couple then just google for reviews on them).

Bimbler
    Free Member

Dell Outlet.

If you do use them don’t forget to check the Dell Outlet for Business section as well

cranberry
    Free Member

12% off at dell today with code DODDH12

Not sure if that includes the Outlet, but the banner was present in the Outlet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New laptop time advice please’ is closed to new replies.