Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Laptop – suggestions
  • daveb
    Free Member

I am going to buy a new laptop but am not really sure what I should be looking for. Had a look at a Dell Inspiron with 15″ screen for about £500. It would mainly be used for Internet, MS Office and light gaming (nothing major resource wise).

Budget is anything from about £400 – £600.

Any help with this most appreciated (I dont want to buy a 2nd hand laptop – got to be new)

Shakey
    Free Member

Check out Ebuyer for some good laptop deals.

Si
    Free Member

I got a Toshiba Equiium A300 recently reduced from 500-400 and am very please with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

I got the Inspiron 1525. Very happy 🙂

daveb
    Free Member

I had forgotten about Ebuyer, i will give them a look. That one at PC works seems good aswell. Thanks for your suggestions.

scuttler

Budget laptops generally come with sh1t batteries. The spec sheets lie claiming X hours run time but this is in unrealistic conditions i.e. screen and wireless off, disk not spinning.

If you’re not bothered about battery go ahead and take your pick but otherwise find some real world reviews about how long the batteries last in real use.

I recently recommended a Dell Inspiron 1525 as it had better battery life than most of its peers (typically about 2.5 hours in use).

Matt

MinishMan
    Free Member

Everything comes with Vista now – so don’t buy one with under 2GB of RAM.

+ What they said ^

daveb
    Free Member

I have been looking at 3gb as a minimum. Read a few reviews on the HP and battery is under an hour : (

Think I might just stick with the Dell 1525 as it seems pretty well specced and they are doing free delivery.

Still looking though

tomzo
    Free Member

Not much point getting more than 3gb. requires windows vista x64 and a motherboard that can cope.

mudpup
    Free Member

Just bought a Dell Studio 15 from this lot – highly recomended (he has an ebay shop with 100% feedback but doesn’t do the laptops on ebay)

http://www.mcscom.co.uk/section.php?xSec=74

Paid £450 for this spec – 15.4screen,T5800processor,4gbRAM,250gb harddrive,true life screen, bluetooth,wireless,hdmi out,upgraded battery,ATI dedicated graphics,Vista premium

3 yr Dell at home warranty and massive savings even from Dell outlet store

Delivered next day and really pleased with it – they do Inspiron 1525’s too if you deffo want one of those.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Laptop – suggestions’ is closed to new replies.