Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New laptop, same old problems setting up iTunes. Help needed!
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Got a new work laptop. Decided to take iTunes library off the hard drive and onto an SD card to save space. Downloaded latest iTunes, held shift and opened it and chose the library sitting on the SD card. All music and playlists appeared, just had to download a few new purchases from the cloud, no problems…

Until I tried to sync my iphone 6 (128gb version). Previously, all 11k-odd songs and playlists synced fine, but now I can only get 1,100-odd tracks onto the phone (but all playlists), even after ticking and unticking “sync music”, “entire music library”, “ticked songs”, “selected playlists, artists” (then manually ticking every flipping one!). I’ve tried all sync options, even unsyncing and taking all music off the phone. This leaves just the purchased tracks.

I’m pretty sure the phone is only syncing the tracks I’ve purchased via the iTunes store. Any help gratefully received (which doesn’t include the obvious suggestion to get the **** off iTunes – I know, I should!)

nickc

Have you deleted the old library (on the hard drive).

your phone might be confused about where it’s supposed to look for the music.

I’m just guessing though.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Yes, the only library available on the new laptop is on the SD card.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New laptop, same old problems setting up iTunes. Help needed!’ is closed to new replies.