Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New laptop battery not working. Is it faulty ?
  • I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I bought a cheap ebay battery for a Dell Latitude D630.
    If I go to Control Panel > Power Options > Power Meter it shows as 0% with a red cross through the battery.
    If I pull the power supply plug out, it shuts down immediately, whereas even the old one would last for a couple of minutes.

Before I contact the seller, there isn’t some secret process to activate or program a new battery is there that I don’t know about ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

No secret initiation ceremony 🙂

It’s either a dead battery or you bought the wrong one, did you keep the old battery it should have the required specs on it

wwaswas

I had problem with ‘pattern’ batteries that the dell laptops didn;t recognise them.

they would usually charge them etc but got shirty if you asked them to tell you about the battery status etc.

Leave it plugged in for a few hours ‘charging’ and see if it works.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

I only just noticed you can click on the battery icon for more information.
    Strangely, the original Dell battery shows as Not Present, although it will run the laptop for a couple of minutes.
    The new one shows as a Samsung at 0%.

It’s the correct voltage and capacity.
    It’s been on charge for hours already.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New laptop battery not working. Is it faulty ?’ is closed to new replies.