• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by v10.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • new kona magic link xc bike
  • kimbers

i think the full range is launched next week, what do people reckon to this then?

fozzybear
    Free Member

that link looks a LOT like a trek one doesn't it…

will be interesting to read a review of it…

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I've been riding a cadabra for the last month or so and I'm very impressed. Its a great improvement over the Dawg that is for sure; it feels like you have twice as much suspension but without all the penalties.
    I'm sure the Kona-haters will be along soon though 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

It is a Trek. This is a spoof, no?

GaryLake
    Free Member

That's one good looking Kona!

Shame about the name…

Kramer
    Free Member

fozzybear – AFAIK, the Trek has a floating rear shock, whereas the Kona has a variable geometry shock mounting, controlled by a second shock.

fozzybear
    Free Member

thought the cadabra wasn't out yet…

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Fozzybear – We're a Kona test centre in the Alps, so I had the pleasure of a sneak preview. Kramer is right about the suspension – there is a small coil shock located underneath the regular Fox shock which alters the spring rate of the suspension. its exactly the same system as used on the CoilAir's last year. Its not magic, but it does work well!

brant
    Free Member

is it controlled by a shock, or just a spring?

clubber
    Free Member

Just a spring (assuming it hasn't changed from last year) though I suppose technically that is a shock absorber, just not a shocker damper 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

The rocker looks the same as the Trek – that's neither here nor there. The gubbins is the link with the second spring, which (weirdly) you can't see from the angle in the Kona Ad.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Kramer – i can tell the difference in the design and action of the link's and pivots.. was just commenting how the rear seatstay link to shock linkage looked very trek'esk!

uses the same "magic link" as the coilair version from last year

cynic-al
    Free Member

fugly as usual!!!

ctk
    Free Member

With so much going on (shocks, linkages, bent tubes etc) why not just paint it one colour?

Olly
    Free Member

"Kona in asthetically pleasing shocker"

v10
    Free Member

It.. it.. its nice 😐

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘new kona magic link xc bike’ is closed to new replies.