• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Kettle Time
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Had a Bosch, and over 18 months it’s discoloured and now started to disintegrate into drinks.

Anyone recommend a sub £30 kettle which is not shit? White ideally.

bruneep

do you need the coffee temp function?

scotroutes

Make sure it has variable temperature settings. You wouldn’t want to burn your instant coffee.

Jamie
    Free Member

I should add, I don’t drink caffeine, so will only be for honeybush and mint tea.

Come at me, fancy coffee dudes!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Russell Hobbs are worth the money if you use the kettle a lot. We just bought a £15 cheapy no name brand as kettle usage is minimal (Nespresso for coffee, kettle for the odd cup on tea or maybe to boil water for pasta but induction hob just as fast)

Pieface

We’ve had this one for about 5 years (possibly more) =

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4228792

Its nice.

porlus
    Free Member

Sainsburys stainless steel stove top kettle here. Nice loud whistle and nothing to fail on it.

cheese@4p

What I can’t stand about metal kettles is the bloody noise they make.

derek_starship
    Free Member

We have one made from hastelloy with integrated wood burner.

Freester

What I can’t stand about metal kettles is the bloody noise they make.

You’re supposed to take the darn thing off the stove once the whistle starts blowing.

cinnamon_girl

Have come to the conclusion that kettles and irons, no matter how much silly money you throw at ‘premium’ brands, they all turn out to have a short working life.

Currently on my second Bosch kettle and gave up with Bosch steam irons. Russell Hobbs are a similar quality.

Good luck!

Currently have this, £50, it must be due to fail soon:

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/products/kettles-toasters/kettles/TWK8631GB.html

binners

I should add, I don’t drink caffeine, so will only be for honeybush and mint tea.

I’m smelling a heavy wiff of minty bush…..

Jamie
    Free Member

Ended up buying exactly the same kettle in white. Figured £25 for nearly 2yrs of use isn’t too bad compared to the cost of most things.

On the plus side, I found out Argos deliver the same day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Kettle Time’ is closed to new replies.