Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • New Kaffenback
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You should have made it folding with replacable dropouts to run 16″/20″/26″/650/700c/36″ wheels as well as replaceable asymmetric rear triangle for suspension back end, plus replaceable front triangle for drops/risers geometry and 1 1/8/ tapered/1.5 plus a suspension fork double crown with rebound and with clearance for fat bike tyres, but with aero hydraulic brakes and cargo bike rack to carry 400kg and front basket.

I’m going to keep my Apollo.

tinribz
    Free Member

All the changes seem for the better, change in head angle, slightly longer TT, sorting out the heel rub. Even like the ninja look. Think I would have made a taller head tube though.

Nice to see some proper disc only forks, wonder what rake / trail they are with the new 72 deg.

RobinC
    Free Member

Any chance the On-One ti tourer will ever make an appearance?
    On-One ti tourer preview

I’m guessing the longer chainstays of a tourer would mean heel strike
    on chainstay mounted calipers would be less of an issue.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Maybe.
    Maybe not.

slimjim78
    Free Member

apologies.
    its been one of those days.

tinribz
    Free Member

This thread is too light on pictures, we need more pics, or I’ll be forced to start posting repeats of my swap-out version.

marvincooper

First ride of more than a couple of minutes on mine tonight, had to switch my my old saddle cos the one it came with was torture. Feels really comfy now, I’m 6’2″ with long legs and I’ve got the XL. Front brake is rubbing a bit so need to tweak that but generally it feels smooth and I’m liking the Rival gears – taking a bit of getting used to mind after 3 years of Sora.

Will take a pic tomorrow if I remember. Really like the look of it though, nice and simple with subtle graphics – reflective stripes are ace.

marvincooper

First proper ride today, a 120 mile loop from Swindon to Gloucester, Chepstow, over the bridge and home. Took in some gravelly Sustrans tracks which it handled well, in fact generally it handles better than my old Spesh Secteur – feels more solid and stable but not slow to steer. Just right, to me anyway. Much easier to ride with no hands than the Secteur! Disc brakes are great, locked the rear wheel a couple of times so just have to get used to how powerful they are. Really confidence inspiring on fast descents though.

Overall I’m really happy with it. Secteur will be up for sale soon, had thought I might keep it but no point really.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks very nice….but how much off roadyness can it handle?

marvincooper

Dunno really, I guess it’s not a cross bike but a sturdy road bike…. if there is a difference! The tracks I went on today were pretty bumpy in places and it felt fine, obviously I got rattled around a bit but not as much as on my old alu mtb with cheap rigid forks. I was pretty impressed.

nico1
    Free Member

Hi there, I just joined the forum. My Genesis Croix de Fer (great bike!) was stolen a couple of weeks so I’m now looking for a replacement . I like the Kaffenback 2, definitely good specs for the money. I have a couple of questions, maybe Brant can help 😉

– Can you fit mudguards and rear rack at the same time? Are there separate holes close to the rear derallieur? It’s not clear from the pictures on PX website. I assume you can only fit a disc-specific rack on the new model?
    – I noticed the available wheels are now the old Mach 1 again instead of the new Shimano WH-RX05. Any idea of when the Shimano ones will be back in stock?

Any more feedback on how it rides would be useful.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘New Kaffenback’ is closed to new replies.