Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New job (slight willy waving content)
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Just had a phone call saying I got the job i was recently interviewed for. Working in my LBS, less money (a lot) and more hours but I couldn’t care less after spending the whole of my working life sat in an office until now!

Just so glad to work in an industry I care about. Sorry for the massive self praising post but not had the best few months so this really helps.

legend
    Free Member

Just so glad to work in an industry I care about.

You’ll run out of that feeling within a month or so 😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

Great news, good luck.

johnners
    Free Member

Well done. Now remember not to wave your actual willy in front of the customers, no matter how pleased you are.

sandwicheater

Unless an attractive girl is in the shop, I’m told they luves that stuff.

Congrats

thehustler
    Free Member

Will this involve a forum name change or are they your LBS?

epicyclo

Is the business to be called Wiggle?

wiggles
    Free Member

My forum name is based on an episode of futurama (10points to the first person to correctly reference it)

sandwicheater

Captain binders cabin boy?

scaredypants

*makes note in stalkerdiary*

wiggles
    Free Member

Sandwicheater – 9 points (1 point deduction for spelling)

sandwicheater

Woo hoo, internet points! The hookers and coke are on me!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t worry…it will soon suck the joy and happiness out the thing you once loved (bit by tiny bit).

LoCo
    Free Member

Dark 😉

zippykona

Are you going to be a black shirt and shorts person who refers to all the customers as ” you guys”?

wiggles
    Free Member

wiggles
    Free Member

Start on wednesday so just need to work out how to leave my other job, it’s a temp job through an agency and the literature on their website states “the hirer, employment company or agency worker can terminate the contract at any point without penalty” buuuuut I was told I need to give a weeks notice? they can’t really do much if I do leave, but not sure I am going to bother turning up to work monday or just take 2 days off…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just phone in sick for your other job.. dodgy poppler

wiggles
    Free Member

Although it is a temp job I have been there over a year and do actually like the people I work with, but not sure I can be arsed with the hassle of explaining why I am leaving a easy well paid job to work in a bike shop to everyone for 2 days…

bigdean

Arh the penguin episode, my fav bit “you shall be called wiggles”.
    Its the wiggling fingers that are the best bit.

Good luck

jekkyl

‘hi can you fix my 10yr Apollo, the gears dun gone all wrong, sorry about all the mud’

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve built the bike ,can you just check it all over and ‘tweak’ the gears.Should’nt take 5 minutes….can you show me how to do it as well?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d do the work myself, I just don’t have all the tools.

It won’t need much work.

Can you match CRC prices?

But I didn’t spend much on the bike I use every day, so why should it cost much to service?

But the bike was really expensive, why does it need serviced already?

Etc

😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Can you just pump up the tyre?

And while you’re ding that, can you fix the brakes, replace the broken spoke, adjust the gears, sort the bent chain, fix the bent chainring and tighten every single bolt?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ahhh…..’mission creep’ 😀 (usually after agreeing to squeeze a job in when already mad busy).

dannyh
    Free Member

One for the ‘customers’ out there. You know, those inconvenient time wasters who spend their money in bike shops so they can exist in the first place.

Can you please give me a realistic timescale for this job, rather than promising too much and ultimately letting me down in a desperate attempt to stop me taking it elsewhere?

Anyway, good luck in the new job wiggles. I’d be a bit wary about turning something fun into a job, but that’s just me.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New job (slight willy waving content)’ is closed to new replies.