Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Job = New Phone – Look what I've got
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/all-phones/nokia-2323-classic

With the GPRS and Radio disabled!

It is the 90’s all over again. At least the battery lasts.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, shame they had to go n put a big colour screen on it.

plumber
    Free Member

I have one of those for my Canada phone – works perfectly well 50 bucks at 7eleven

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If they wanted to give you simple, they could have at least got you one of these…

John’s Phone

Mascy
    Free Member

Well, at least you can use it with Nokia’s data suite – which is actually the best thing about Nokia’s these days.

Note I say Data Suite, not the disasterous Ovi suite.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am actually quite enjoying it compared to the iPhone.

It makes and receives calls. It does texts. The battery lasts. People can’t expect me to answer emails. It is so light I forget which pocket it is in.

Unfortunately the job have stopped every website in the world it seems, including this one (I am working from home today) so I do miss being able to view this place and read my gmails.

Dobbo

Ur phone iz sarazen

oxnop
    Free Member

Snap. But GPRS is enabled which is pointless on this amazing phone!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why I did not see John’s Phone when buying one for my mum last year? That is absolutely perfect, as all she wants is a ‘phone. She don’t do texting or anything like that. And most ‘phones have tiny buttons and a small screen which she finds hard to see.

I think I’ll have to get her to upgrade…

Nice one Winegums. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

the Johns phone isnt cheap though.

I wanted a simple phone for my old man and his fat fingers. Johns phone was a contender but he still texts so that ruled it out. In the end we got him a http://www.doro.com/

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I love those phones. Go on drop it and then drop it again and the screen will still be in one piece. I can eek three to four days of heavy use out of one of them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, that’s not bad, Stoner, but even that is a bit too fiddly for my mum. With the John’s Phone, the coloured green and red buttons on the white one would be visible to her, whilst numbers are a struggle without her glasses. I’ve learned to be patient when ringing her, as she’ll probbly have to find her glasses to be able to see the keypad and answer the call. She has very poor close up vision.

The John’s Phone is quite possibly the perfect ‘phone for her. And tbh, £60 isn’t that expensive if she can actually use the thing more easily. She’d happily pay twice that.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can out-crap you ALL with my current work phone:

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

bazookajoe
    Free Member

OP phone looks state of the art compared with what we get Nokia 1112 PeterPoddy’s looks more in keeping with what our team get (though others in the same overall bigger team get Blackberrys).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And the John’s Phone has great battery life – 3 weeks on standby. And ten speed-dial numbers which is plenty for most people.

I want one, I really do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Job = New Phone – Look what I've got’ is closed to new replies.