Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New job for someone – the commute will be quiet….
  • matt_outandabout
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The commute could be scary! Helicopters & boats aren’t all that quiet either.

However…IF I was an archeologist with a good knowledge of Scottish history (& stuff)… I’d love to do that.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Can’t be that hard essel – “here’s some dirt” “here’s some rain” “it looks exactly the same now as it did last tuesday”

jambalaya
    Free Member

1 year fixed term contract finishing after the 2017/18 winter, I imagine the winter is at the end deliberately ! Stunning opportunity for a young grad wanting to do something different.

piemonster

Slightly less remote http://www.snh.gov.uk/docs/A2208953.pdf

Isle of May, no pay mind you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Can’t be that hard essel – “here’s some dirt” “here’s some rain” “it looks exactly the same now as it did last tuesday”

Your’e right. I’m applying!

sweaman2
    Free Member

I was curious / bored so I read the FAQ 8)

Getting your shopping delivered by helicopter would certainly make meal planning a more rigorous affair. 😯

epicyclo

sweaman2 – Member
    I was curious / bored so I read the FAQ

Getting your shopping delivered by helicopter would certainly make meal planning a more rigorous affair.

A bit of rope, a fishing line, a couple of sheep, and you wouldn’t need shopping… 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

a fishing line,

Couple of rods with me & there wouldn’t be much work getting done!

Oh hang on, what about bait? Lures or shellfish off the rocks?

New thread, ‘what bait for fishing on St Kilda’ ?

timber

Sea birds and their eggs are the traditional food of St Kilda. There are quite a few sheep on the neighbouring rock.

RAF base on the island too, doubt they starve.

paladin

does stravaaa work on st kilda, or did it not get installed there before the islanders left?

matt_outandabout

There won’t be much competition for the KOM/QOM at ‘Gannet ridge descent’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New job for someone – the commute will be quiet….’ is closed to new replies.