Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • New job for Borris Johnson?
  • hora
    Free Member

Let’s compare him to you or I then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s just very good at getting his school mates to agree with him. And guess where his school mates work.

The mans a self serving nob of the highest order.

edhornby

He’s not clever, a dumb bloke act can be performed by someone regardless of actual intelligence. What has he actually contributed to the world that has value? A load of snidey articles in newspapers, badly received biographies, no real achievements as London mayor, no real value in the brexit debate, and now just going along with current Tory policy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mt
    Free Member

Well I like him, reckon he’d be a good laugh on a night out down the pub. Having said that my views is formed from the media, I don’t have the expertise of those on here who seem to know him. He’s good value for the media though it seems.

What he said about Iran (the BBC seem to have forgotten that bit) and Saudi is pretty much what many have been trying to get a senior politician to say for years, pity it was Boris. The media are lost in the personality rather than the truth of his comments. He’s going to be tarred with the idiot brush all his career so anything that he says will not be taken at face value. Given his past antic’s, he only has himself to blame if people don’t take him seriously.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

and now just going along with current Tory policy.

Why the slap downs then?

edhornby

The slap down is for opening mouth without engaging brain and accidentally telling the truth; the words aren’t the policy though, the policy us to buy oil, sell arms and let them carry on. This will continue and Boris will join in rather than challenge the status quo

DrJ

Well I like him, reckon he’d be a good laugh on a night out down the pub.

Obviously a key qualification for the post of Foreign Secretary.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So his mis-times words were not a challenge – odd way of “going along with policy” but politics is full of odd things these days

I wish they had given Johnson health. A guaranteed loser as a position – the worst job in government – and one in which his inadequacies would have been clearly exposed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

anyway enough of Borris, how about his twin brother Boris?

mt
    Free Member

DrJ, sorry I was’nt clearer on the irony meter there. You could try putting the comment in the context of the rest of the post wot I wrote.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting comments from Fallon today on the Andrew Marr show. As per prior poster here said the Saudis sat next to Boris didn’t seem offended and I listen to the actual speech extract ans it was pretty uncontroversial. Fallon says the PM’s office simply repeated the Govt’s official position, no slap down at all. As Fallon says this seems to be a case of misreporting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38281143

cchris2lou

What did you expect Fallon to say? Of course he is going to try and play down the whole thing.

mattyfez

This is the whole problem with politics, people lap up what they want and the cold hard truth is very unpopular.

If we had a pm or a foreign Secretary that spoke frankly and truthfully at all times, they’d last about 3.2 seconds before they got fired. It’s a very unsatisfactory place to be in as a tax paying voter. You just can’t trust anyone on face value.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New job for Borris Johnson?’ is closed to new replies.